Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

I know it's over a week away but there are some cracking GFS snow charts tonight for the end of next week and not just the East although the East coast looks like it will be buried. Exciting times ahead!

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Lol, what an 18z GFS. Np words.11

It really is unreal. Do you expect many changes MS. All we have been seeing is upgrade after upgrade!! What is currently showing could bring some areas of NI to a complete halt!

Posted
Just now, ronan said:

It really is unreal. Do you expect many changes MS. All we have been seeing is upgrade after upgrade!! What is currently showing could bring some areas of NI to a complete halt!

There will be many changes. It's all about how the low pushing up from the South engages with the frigid cold. Impossible to predict at the moment

• Like 1

Posted

No way this could happen! Could it!   

And I am talking about the snow before the possible low arrives! 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

There will be many changes. It's all about how the low pushing up from the South engages with the frigid cold. Impossible to predict at the moment

So it's possible that low could give a countrywide event? Took me a few days to come back down to Earth after Iceland trip but I am certainly glued now. Lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, ronan said:

So it's possible that low could give a countrywide event? Took me a few days to come back down to Earth after Iceland trip but I am certainly glued now. Lol

Well, it is possible. The 18z GFS ops run has just shown such a scenario.

Who knows, maybe it will upgrade!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

I'm feeling more optimistic now. Looks better for Ireland as a whole now. 

Sure does starting tues avo/evening 

Posted

lol I know somethings up when I see the Ireland thread showing as a hot topic ?

So what’s actually happening? Low pushing things North? What’s the timeframe? 

Posted

Just to give yous an idea of what it's like to be caught in a proper winter storm when it's not even snowing!! The snow was so powdery in Iceland that when the storm hit the snow just lifted and kept blowing for hours in a sustained 70mph wind. We were caught in 2 storms. The first video is before the storm hit proper then the 2nd was when a small car up ahead of us got stuck and buried in 4/5 feet of snow! 10 cars including ourselves were rescued and dug out 5 and a half hours later. The second storm we were caught in was coming down off the Glacier in a super jeep after Snowmobiling. A 45 minute drive took 4 and a half hours. Lol

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
5 minutes ago, snowydog said:

lol I know somethings up when I see the Ireland thread showing as a hot topic ?

So what’s actually happening? Low pushing things North? What’s the timeframe? 

According to the 18z the low pushes the whole way through Ireland giving us a great pasting. However, look  at this for Tuesday evening, even the west gets in on the action!

You guys in the east are going to get buried!

I have a feeling you'll be getting the 30cm plus I got on 19/01/2018! You'll need your farmer neighbours out to clear the roads!

96-574UK.gif

20180119_141410.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

According to the 18z the low pushes the whole way through Ireland giving us a great pasting. However, look  at this for Tuesday evening, even the west gets in on the action!

You guys in the east are going to get buried!

I have a feeling you'll be getting the 30cm plus I got on 19/01/2018! You'll need your farmer neighbours out to clear the roads!

96-574UK.gif

20180119_141410.jpg

Wow - that pic from this year up your way! Didn’t realise how much you guys got. Wasn’t much on news or weather about it. Nice! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

@snowydog yeah, I’ve lost count of the number of snow days we’ve had at elevation here in the West. This was by far the biggest. Over a foot lying in the garden. 

You don’t hear about it in the news cause it’s west of the Bann, we’re not too important over here haha!!

Looks like these scenes will be coming your way next week! Will have to reschedule my work diary to get more days out east!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Sperrin said:

@snowydog yeah, I’ve lost count of the number of snow days we’ve had at elevation here in the West. This was by far the biggest. Over a foot lying in the garden. 

You don’t hear about it in the news cause it’s west of the Bann, we’re not too important over here haha!!

Looks like these scenes will be coming your way next week! Will have to reschedule my work diary to get more days out east!

Nice one! Here’s hoping would love it (snow) to hang around for a bit (less hockey for me ?) but I know it’s start of March next week so will see. Certainly an interesting week or two ahead  

Haha true - I’m sure it’ll Be pasted all over the news here if Belfast’s involved lol. Get yourself over to the East for plenty of work ?

Posted
4 minutes ago, lzo said:

Haha I think southern Ireland Dublin etc is going get buried in snow. Us up North don't see a chance apart from some streamers hitting. Do you a agree?

Nope.

?