Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
37 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

All I was saying is that it’s not set in stone yet! That’s all!!!

Will it ever be.....apart from nowcasting rochey?

Such an emotional time for many in MOD thread, really interesting period of weather if it does come off, but i suspect it may water down before then, seems almost to good to be true some of it.

Hopefully the east gets a pasting and one more last hurrah for all this winter........then roll on spring.

Posted
1 hour ago, Weegaz said:

This time next week this forum should be in full follow again........especially from easterners.

prectypeuktopo.png

Aye, a slight South Easterly draw is great for these parts if you can catch a streamer or three.

Posted
3 hours ago, Weegaz said:

Will it ever be.....apart from nowcasting rochey?

Funny enough, that was my point, I was saying that it wasn’t as certain as a lot of posters are suggesting and until ECM is on board, I won’t fully believe... It’s gas, say anything remotely negative around there and they’re all over you like a rash!!!

Anyway, I look forward to a real reversal by ECM over the next 2 runs and then putting the champagne on ice!!! Please God!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi All,

Just checking to say hello! Been following but haven't contributed since the last snow shower - mainly because I'm a complete novice in reading charts etc. lol. Thanks to all those for their expertise in contributing to the thread. The model thread is interesting but mental - I try to learn a bit through it but it can be difficult :-/ 

Anyway - hopefully, next week, when I check the forums - Ireland will be right up there at the top as a hot topic :) 

Posted
2 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Funny enough, that was my point, I was saying that it wasn’t as certain as a lot of posters are suggesting

Some posters might say the convective Easterly is certain but not "a lot". Just like there are posters who are generally negative about cold prospects there are those who are out and out rampers, you have to read between the lines.

What is certain, is that a very cold spell is coming our way, whether it's dry cold or snowy cold remains to be seen.

Posted

We start to draw in an Easterly wind in a couple of days time, now it's just a question of seeing whether the Easterly builds over the course of the week to something special.

Posted

This coming Sunday is continuing to look like the transition day to the much much colder air,,,,with snow. Just need the ECM operational on board tonight.

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

This coming Sunday is continuing to look like the transition day to the much much colder air,,,,with snow. Just need the ECM operational on board tonight.

Things still going the right direction for cold, really really cold MS. Some of the windchill charts are giving me the shivers already

As you say, would be good to see ECM on board, the MOD thread will bust at the seams if it does. Some fantastic charts being spat out at present, has the ‘potential’ to be a memorable event. Monday looks like the first day we could see snow chances from the east.

Posted

ECM joins in the fun and the MOD thread is going crazy!!! Looks really cold

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Only one word to describe what is coming.....

EPIC

About that "too much strength in the northern arm of the jet" malarkey I was going on about? Yeah? Ignore that.

The runs this afternoon and evening have been nothing short of epic. If they're still there tomorrow I will indulge and buy several sacks of coal and logs as my boiler packed in yesterday!!! It's all about timing lads really! :-)

I'd burn me dog to stay warm if we could get these stunning charts to T-0! :-)

EDIT: And the extended from Met Eireann says this about the weekend and beyond...
Extended outlook: Some uncertainty exists, but indications suggest it will be very cold with frosty nights and there is a risk of some wintry showers, especially in eastern areas.

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted
14 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

See I am quite happy for all the snow and ice to stay well east of me, cause I am well sound like that ?

In your best Donald Trump voice:

Believe me Pom, you will get snow too. This is gonna be yuge! :-)

Posted

Can things really get much better?

Would assume the MetO would issue warnings come Thursday ish based on current output. Things are really looking ‘EPIC’.

i’m fully roped in now

Posted
Just now, Weegaz said:

Can things really get much better?

Would assume the MetO would issue warnings come Thursday ish based on current output. Things are really looking ‘EPIC’.

i’m fully roped in now

Absolutely brutal.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Absolutely brutal.

All messing aside about being fully roped in, i’m still airing on the side of caution, haven’t even told the wife yet and I tell her 60% of what I know and do. We’ve seen this before going tits up.....abeit this time seems different with the main models ‘singing off the same hymn sheet’

I don’t know how some are going to sleep come Saturday evening