Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
14 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

With all your fabulous winters pictures, I thought I would post up the Dublin version of snowmageddon! Taken just 1 minute ago.... A vicious winter storm to say the least!!!

I think your snow shield has made its way up to the southeast now as well. Glorious sunshine generally last two days. Absolutely beautiful and so puts you in the mood for spring and summer. 

Posted

Nice to see all the snowy pictures this morning.

Heavy rain spreading east tonight  but with cold air digging in behind. This could give a spell of back edge snow in places. GFS has been consistently showing this so maybe on to something. Would not be surprised to see some places wake up to a covering again tomorrow.

Snow chances likely to recede after that away from higher ground for rest of the week and then drier by weekend. Where we go after that who knows, but hopefully a potent east or northeast spell setting up to see out winter 

Edited by Bottled Snow

Posted

measured 3 1/2 inches snow on the car this morn. few schools closed round here. is it gonna get milder today?

Posted

I imagine it won’t be long until meto put another warning for tonight and tomorrow be the usual 5-10 cms  high ground and a sleety 1-2 cm possible low ground. Just to cover their backs. The usual really. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
11 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I imagine it won’t be long until meto put another warning for tonight and tomorrow be the usual 5-10 cms  high ground and a sleety 1-2 cm possible low ground. Just to cover their backs. The usual really. 

Just checked. You're right lol 

Posted

Ha ha. They are so predictable. Soon be warnings out for drizzle. Lol 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
12 hours ago, Sneachtastorm said:

Usually it shows wonderland charts like that for 4 5 days out. Then downgrades. It is in line with Met Eireann's warning with West Ulster and North Connacht worst hit. I don't think it will be that bad but you never know ha 

Where is this warning on met eireann for west ulster and north Connacht. I can’t see it anywhere?  Maybe it’s the hangover. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Where is this warning on met eireann for west ulster and north Connacht. I can’t see it anywhere?  Maybe it’s the hangover. 

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Ireland

A spell of wet and windy weather, with thundery downpours, will sweep eastwards over the country during Monday evening and night. Gusts between 90 and 110km/h will occur in Atlantic, southern and later eastern coastal fringes for a time. Some accumulations of snow are possible during the period also.

Issued:

Monday 12 February 2018 11:00

Valid:

Monday 12 February 2018 18:00 to Tuesday 13 February 2018 06:00

Edit - that is updated just removed west ulster North Connacht. More country wide I'd guess 

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Ireland

A spell of wet and windy weather, with thundery downpours, will sweep eastwards over the country during Monday evening and night. Gusts between 90 and 110km/h will occur in Atlantic, southern and later eastern coastal fringes for a time. Some accumulations of snow are possible during the period also.

Issued:

Monday 12 February 2018 11:00

Valid:

Monday 12 February 2018 18:00 to Tuesday 13 February 2018 06:00

Edit - that is updated just removed west ulster North Connacht. More country wide I'd guess 

Ah right. Changed again then. Hard to forecast obviously. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, booferking said:

Watch for upgrades in the models over the next few days i think northern blocking will be here a lot quicker than what the models are showing start of next week is a possibility.

I’m with you on that one. I’m basically taking all models with a pinch of salt at the mo. I don’t think they have a handle on this at all. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
23 minutes ago, booferking said:

Watch for upgrades in the models over the next few days i think northern blocking will be here a lot quicker than what the models are showing start of next week is a possibility.

I disagree unfortunately. I think we'll be into the last week of February before we see anything decent.

Posted
7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I disagree unfortunately. I think we'll be into the last week of February before we see anything decent.

I’m happy with either to be honest as long a it’s a shot 

Posted
23 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I’m happy with either to be honest as long a it’s a shot 

What do you think about tomorrow morning's rush hour?

Possible 3 or 4 hours of heavy snow from 5 to 9?

Probably be a slush fest.

Posted
30 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

What do you think about tomorrow morning's rush hour?

Possible 3 or 4 hours of heavy snow from 5 to 9?

Probably be a slush fest.

Yes I think there is a great chance tomorrow morning to maybe see a decent fall but not sure it will accumulate to much but here’s hoping. After that I think NW may return again before the NE/E arrives. Still wouldnt rule out s Greenland high either.  Not even soldvon next week either as I think anything after t72 is up in the air short term speaking. But time will tell