Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Kids woke me at 7am and we had the best type of snow. Really heavy fat flakes falling almost vertically as there was vey little wind. Really is beautiful when it occurs.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Kids woke me at 7am and we had the best type of snow. Really heavy fat flakes falling almost vertically as there was vey little wind. Really is beautiful when it occurs.

That happened here the other night. Post a video 2/3 pages back. Nice to see. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Yep that's what I was thinking, it's the day before my dad's 5th anniversary and I know I have said it before on here it's the same way the snow fell the moment he passed away at the same time of the morning!

• Like 6

Posted

Big temperature contrast across the country today. Temps currently ranging from 1 to 3 degrees C in northern areas and up to 11 degrees C in the far south. Northern and northwestern areas could see some more snow tonight before the mild weather spreads to remaining areas Sunday morning. Hopefully the next cold spell is  not too far away 

BS

Edited by Bottled Snow

Posted

really lovely evening with the snow all froze solid. really has been a special week. will be sad to see it all go tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

There could be a good few hours of snow as this front moves in one to watch beeb showing more snow on the charts for NI than previous forecast in the early hours could be are last for sometime so if it does snow enjoy.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted

Pinks already starting to show up on the radar now, @booferking.

What a week it's been, haven't had this much snow since 2010. I had the kids out sledging today at the snow is still lying well over a foot in places. I'll stick up the photos later.

the only downside for me is when I trecked down the garden to get the sled from the shed I noticed the roof buckled under the weight of the snow!

IMG_0238.PNG

• Like 2

Green/red starting to show on radar. Anything that falls will probably lay, ground isn't as wet as it was the last 4 days. :cold: Icy out though care needed

Posted

Drove 10 mins from the house today for a few drone pics of the sunset and there was at least 20cms of snow. Snow line about 200mts. Certainly cold enough to see some snow later. I hope someone gets plastered. Sperrin you are definitely in the sweet spot this week. Love your pics. Any houses for sale up your way? Lol. Steve Murr had your forecast bang on!!

• Like 1

Posted

@ronan cheers, all the cards fell in my favour this week. It's too late now but is there anywhere that does a retrospective radar feed? Would have loved to have seen the precipitation streamers for Thursday into Friday. There must have some serious shower activity!

Posted

serious frost outside so far.  hard to see it not snowing for a few hours at least until the mild arrives.  snowpack here is rock hard now. sperrin, i know a guy up near

loughmacrory who says he measured 9 inches of snow on his lawn!

Edited by BIG LAD

Posted
1 hour ago, Sperrin said:

@ronan cheers, all the cards fell in my favour this week. It's too late now but is there anywhere that does a retrospective radar feed? Would have loved to have seen the precipitation streamers for Thursday into Friday. There must have some serious shower activity!

@Sperrin sat24.com shows live radar images but also  has an archive section where you can look back at historical rainfall / precipitation going back to 2008. Cool site.......you can look at the memorable snowfalls of 2010 for example ....enjoy....

BS

Posted
5 hours ago, Juuyoku said:

Snowing here now but ground is saturated. Just in bed after my 30th birthday party. Hoping for no hangover!

Happy birthday Juuyoku and happy hangover day. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Bottled Snow said:

@Sperrin sat24.com shows live radar images but also  has an archive section where you can look back at historical rainfall / precipitation going back to 2008. Cool site.......you can look at the memorable snowfalls of 2010 for example ....enjoy....

BS

Cheers, will definitely check that out later!