Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

Posted

It's just like a switch has been turned off in here tonight. Haven't been in the model thread in 5 days. Time to head in there and catch up on what's happening.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have never seen so much snow in my life like today,I was trying to reach my friend who lives in  Manor Kilbride on Sally gap road(Wicklow Mountains)  to give him a lift to the shops as he spent last

Lovely record breaking morning from West Wicklow, we have got an inch or two on the ground

But but but... Who'd collect for the many charities, or sing in the gospel choir on Sunday mornings? What happened out there was premeditated looting. It's disgraceful. Shocking and abusing the f

Posted Images

Posted
    27 minutes ago, ronan said:

It's just like a switch has been turned off in here tonight. Haven't been in the model thread in 5 days. Time to head in there and catch up on what's happening.

There's nothing happening for a couple of weeks at least.

Posted

amazed at how much snowcover we have retained. more or less full cover still and frozen solid. 4 days of laying snow for the second time this winter. sunday is gonna be like a funeral when it all melts.

• Like 2
    Posted
    43 minutes ago, BIG LAD said:

amazed at how much snowcover we have retained. more or less full cover still and frozen solid. 4 days of laying snow for the second time this winter. sunday is gonna be like a funeral when it all melts.

Shovel some of that snow in to your freezer tomorrow..... to remind you of the glory days, when we have blow torch south westerlies for next few weeks?? I have a Nov 2010 snowball still intact in mine ? 

Edited by Bottled Snow
    Posted

The roads are really bad tonight with ice!! Even the main roads are icing over! Need some shower activity as it would surely be snow falling!

Posted
    2 hours ago, ronan said:

I still haven't been in for a nosey. Are the models still showing the chances of HLB? Any sign of an SSW? 

2 x No= Nono

Posted
    Just now, mountain shadow said:

2 x No= Nono

Signs for push of heights towards greenland on gefs has been building i would say 12-13 ens go for it and there is some very potent northerlys in the mix -10 to -12 850s.

Few below there are many more northerlys, northerlys been the form horse this year but they still take about easterlys in the mad thread?? it's turned into the South Eastern thread won't be near it for sometime a lot of sh..t ? talk in there nothing about what the models are showing can't stand that thread at the minute and they all get away with the sh..t? talk.

Screenshot_20180120-011115.png

Screenshot_20180120-011133.png

Screenshot_20180120-011157.png

Screenshot_20180120-011221.png

• Thanks 1
    Posted

Also last beeb forecast says good possibility that the front could push right into northern Ireland tomorrow with possible 3-4cm snow any you seen the last video forecast?

High uncertainty with the outcome mentioned. 

Posted
    4 minutes ago, booferking said:

Also last beeb forecast says good possibility that the front could push right into northern Ireland tomorrow with possible 3-4cm snow any you seen the last video forecast?

High uncertainty with the outcome mentioned. 

Just watched it there. How can they be so uncertain 6 hours out. If anything it will be southern counties that may see a bit of snow.

Posted
    1 minute ago, ronan said:

Just watched it there. How can they be so uncertain 6 hours out. If anything it will be southern counties that may see a bit of snow.

I don't know crazy really to think that they cant be certain 6hrs out he did mention a good likely hood could push right into northern Ireland can't see it tho.

Posted

That's where I am confused. The front doesn't look like it pushes north at all on the forecast. It's certainly cold enough for snow. Reports around Derry of dangerous road conditions after the rain and sleet earlier has completely frozen over.

Posted
    4 minutes ago, booferking said:

I don't know crazy really to think that they cant be certain 6hrs out he did mention a good likely hood could push right into northern Ireland can't see it tho.

Usually always the way with snow and wind storms I've noticed. Always hard for them to nail it down unless it's an exceptional event in coming 

• Like 1
    Posted
    7 minutes ago, ronan said:

That's where I am confused. The front doesn't look like it pushes north at all on the forecast. It's certainly cold enough for snow. Reports around Derry of dangerous road conditions after the rain and sleet earlier has completely frozen over.

It's mental in cookstown paths roads are like bottles very dangerous. 

Posted
    11 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

Footpath outside my house

IMG_20180120_014837.jpg

I can't heat up tonight so not even gonna go check what it's like. Lol :cold::cold:

• Like 1