Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Getting snow showers here also very heavy and wet big flakes when they fall still plenty of snow about very slushy on paths, roads paths will be lethal the night again.

Edited by booferking

Posted

This week shows when the Jet is south of us in winter we can do quite well without blocking to the North . A little bit of altitude helps a lot. 

Met Éireann FC says a band of rain pushing north tonight will turn to snow on its northern edge. Southern parts of Ulster at risk. Didn't see any mention of it on the BBC 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

This week shows when the Jet is south of us in winter we can do quite well without blocking to the North . A little bit of altitude helps a lot. 

Met Éireann FC says a band of rain pushing north tonight will turn to snow on its northern edge. Southern parts of Ulster at risk. Didn't see any mention of it on the BBC 

Bara just did in his shocking update for the rest of the day but it hardly touches newry so nout will come of that. And I don’t take any of these newsline forecasts as gospel as they are generally way out ref snow. O to be a weatherman. In any other job you would be sacked for this kind of performance. :D

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted

The HIRLAM 0.1 goes for snow tomorrow morning as front pushes off Atlantic and then dies sinking south East.   It also has a snow event for Sunday as the Atlantic pushes in for a few hours i never trust that model its total jaffa cakes.

Lets see what the WRF says

we.png

we.png

Posted

Can’t see either happening I’m afraid. Might be a while for everybody to see the white stuff again after this eve. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Bara just did in his shocking update for the rest of the day but it hardly touches newry so nout will come of that. And I don’t take any of these newsline forecasts as gospel as they are generally way out ref snow. O to be a weatherman. In any other job you would be sacked for this kind of performance. :D

Bara isn't a Meteorologist like Angie and Cecilia. He never studied it, just learned how to read the charts at BBC weather centre. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

Bara isn't a Meteorologist like Angie and Cecilia. He never studied it, just learned how to read the charts at BBC weather centre. 

What. That’s a joke and he’s giving out weather. Dear lord :rofl: hope ur charts are right but I can’t see but expect the unexpected is the way forward. 

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Where is @Nqp15h today must of burnt himself out last night as he was still going into the small hours???

Think he’s had enough disappointment for one day. Don’t blame him. 

Posted
24 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Think he’s had enough disappointment for one day. Don’t blame him. 

He's a student and was up until about 6 yesterday morning, he's probably just getting out of his kip now.

For those who see snow from today through to Sunday, good luck, as Neiller says, it will be a good couple of weeks at least before we get another chance, and I reckon the North West will be favoured again as no chance of an Easterly.

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

He's a student and was up until about 6 yesterday morning, he's probably just getting out of his kip now.

For those who see snow from today through to Sunday, good luck, as Neiller says, it will be a good couple of weeks at least before we get another chance, and I reckon the North West will be favoured again as no chance of an Easterly.

Easterly’s are a rarity now, so I agree look nw for any future snow but really god knows what will happen as it’s the weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snow level? 

Tractor plough!

Screenshot_20180119-151625.png

Screenshot_20180119-151640.png

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Snow level? 

Tractor plough!

Screenshot_20180119-151625.png

Screenshot_20180119-151640.png

That’s class. Hardly a skiff here now. I got my 2nd shower there! :yahoo:of rain!! And I’m 140m asl . This isn’t just going to happen for me today which is why I’m not putting any faith for Sunday morn. 

Edited by Neiller22

2 hours ago, Sperrin said:

Bit silly for the East is right.

Some serious shower activity moving into far NW, looks like it might just miss me.

edit: showers look to be merging as they're moving inland

Shower activity... of rain! These warnings are ridiculous as Neiller said, when will we start giving out Reds for no reason? Already seems to be happening with the ambers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Not that high to be honest, 170 metres. 

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

That’s class. Hardly a skiff here now. I got my 2nd shower there! :yahoo:of rain!! And I’m 140m asl . This isn’t just going to happen for me today which is why I’m not putting any faith for Sunday morn. 

To add insult to injury the 12z GFS wants to give us a bit of heavy snow tomorrow morning from the slider now!

I tell you what, if things had fallen just a little better for us we could have had a Sperrin amount of snow.

Posted
6 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

To add insult to injury the 12z GFS wants to give us a bit of heavy snow tomorrow morning from the slider now!

I tell you what, if things had fallen just a little better for us we could have had a Sperrin amount of snow.

I know. It will probably be like the thing it will come out of the blue. But we will see. What about Sunday’s? 

Posted
33 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I know. It will probably be like the thing it will come out of the blue. But we will see. What about Sunday’s? 

Can't see it. It would be very brief and turn quickly to rain.

Posted

I’m now hoping for pure cold from 5 onwards so my hockey match is cancelled. Game was cancelled two weeks ago cos pitch was ‘frozen over’ but it was 5degrees and just pure rain and not as cold as today. 

Apparently pitch checked earlier today and it was fine - checking again at 5. Fingers crossed it’s too cold lol

• Like 1

Posted

Unusual winter this. We had lying snow for a few days in December and again Tuesday into Wed his week.  All from pm air so as good as could be expected for my location here in Kilkenny which is better if winds from the east. Glad some of you got some decent snow this week even in Dublin I see. After this weekend it looks like back to the drawing board however as stated before this reminds me of the old style eighties winters when we would get a few teasers before the main event. Hopefully Feb will deliver the goods for all

BS 

• Like 3