Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
ronan

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Ok. Couple more days of this and I’m ready for spring. Been good last few days so can’t complain but I’m now looking forward to something resembling warmth. 😂

Can't complain? There's a first! 

Indeed an historic day. 😂😂

Edited by Baltic Regions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

Can't complain? There's a first! 

Indeed an historic day. 😂😂

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be interesting to see the final snow depths down South once this passes 45cm casement park 1962 the official met weather station record i think it could be smashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, booferking said:

Will be interesting to see the final snow depths down South once this passes 45cm casement park 1962 the official met weather station record i think it could be smashed.

Well... found this on Twitter from the French met office... and you’re right, according to them 53! Wow...

6FD9F4A6-60A8-4630-AD7E-9660C840A546.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Se and east Ireland must be getting a pasting now.Some bright echoes showing on radar about to hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty bored with this weather now lol! However, going by the model thread, doesn't seem to be any signs of spring - cold but not as chilly as we've obviously had. Possibility of some intermittent snow in the north next weekend - probably a better chance for me for snow, but very early stages at the minute, and to be honest, I'm fed up with it - just want spring to show now (will have to wait a while). 

Was raging last night - Costa Coffee at Cityside - normally open till 9. I stopped by after 8 on my way home from Castlereagh to grab a hot chocolate for the rest of the drive home and it was closed 'because of the weather' - windy yes, snow - no .. and local people working in that Costa - not ones from heavy snow areas. Just wanted my hot chocolate fix (only Costa for me) and was so disappointed because it was closed :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowydog said:

Pretty bored with this weather now lol! However, going by the model thread, doesn't seem to be any signs of spring - cold but not as chilly as we've obviously had. Possibility of some intermittent snow in the north next weekend - probably a better chance for me for snow, but very early stages at the minute, and to be honest, I'm fed up with it - just want spring to show now (will have to wait a while). 

Was raging last night - Costa Coffee at Cityside - normally open till 9. I stopped by after 8 on my way home from Castlereagh to grab a hot chocolate for the rest of the drive home and it was closed 'because of the weather' - windy yes, snow - no .. and local people working in that Costa - not ones from heavy snow areas. Just wanted my hot chocolate fix (only Costa for me) and was so disappointed because it was closed :( 

That's grim - slackers they are! There's not a flake of snow around there for them to be worrying about. If they were down around Craigavon or somewhere, or even Carryduff, fair enough but Cityside - that's a laugh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eastantrim4 said:

That's grim - slackers they are! There's not a flake of snow around there for them to be worrying about. If they were down around Craigavon or somewhere, or even Carryduff, fair enough but Cityside - that's a laugh...

I know 😫. I spent the afternoon in Costa at cityside during storm Orphelia build up before it closed for the evening. The wind was not that bad last night. So disappointed. There were plenty of cars about - just losing trade really. Think maybe a few places where there’s no shown have used it as a bit of an excuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Pretty bored with this weather now lol! However, going by the model thread, doesn't seem to be any signs of spring - cold but not as chilly as we've obviously had. Possibility of some intermittent snow in the north next weekend - probably a better chance for me for snow, but very early stages at the minute, and to be honest, I'm fed up with it - just want spring to show now (will have to wait a while). 

Was raging last night - Costa Coffee at Cityside - normally open till 9. I stopped by after 8 on my way home from Castlereagh to grab a hot chocolate for the rest of the drive home and it was closed 'because of the weather' - windy yes, snow - no .. and local people working in that Costa - not ones from heavy snow areas. Just wanted my hot chocolate fix (only Costa for me) and was so disappointed because it was closed :( 

Ready for a bit of spring myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy how localised streamers can be. Left this morning and took a drive up around Inishowen and Buncrana out to Dumfries got hammered with 20/25cms and big drifts while surrounding areas barely have anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Co Kildare looks to have gotten the worst. Seriously deep snow and drifting.

 

sallins%202.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

Co Kildare looks to have gotten the worst. Seriously deep snow and drifting.

 

sallins%202.JPG

That's Crazy!! Prob be a long time before Ireland sees anything like that again! It's easy to see why a red warning was issued!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 16 inches on the ground this morning, had to dig the car out twice on my way to work, but worth it. Decent snow falling again here now, but my place of work is down town and lots of surrounding area is gritted and salted, so not really sticking. Best snowfall since 1982 for me, but Kildare will have beaten all sorts of records last night!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PPN in the irish sea is creaping ever closed to NI, slowly slowly, but could start to give more accumlations in south down over the next few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Over 16 inches on the ground this morning, had to dig the car out twice on my way to work, but worth it. Decent snow falling again here now, but my place of work is down town and lots of surrounding area is gritted and salted, so not really sticking. Best snowfall since 1982 for me, but Kildare will have beaten all sorts of records last night!

Class rochey.....I had 16 snowflakes on the car this morning, which blew off as I got into it. Nothing to talk about here, 10 miles down the road and drifts are 2-3 feet deep.

Saw pictures of Kildare, looks scary. One of our site fitters lives there, can't get him on the phone to see how he is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29cm here this morning, drifts well over a metre and the snow just keeps coming. Some people cleared their drives and must be 4/5cm fallen again, only 4x4 's able to get out of the estate

IMG_2101.JPG

Edited by AllTheWeather
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Eagle said:

Co Kildare looks to have gotten the worst. Seriously deep snow and drifting.

 

sallins%202.JPG

That is quite frankly insane. Looks beautiful though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Eagle said:

Co Kildare looks to have gotten the worst. Seriously deep snow and drifting.

 

sallins%202.JPG

Serious stuff. Can understand the red warning definitely now.

 

Looks like something out of the Day After Tomorrow lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ventured out for a quick spin around Oldcastle and took these pics. The roads are mostly single lane and just about passable in places. Can only imagine what it’s like in other  parts of the country.E77606A8-592B-4055-9A31-589732A492FC.thumb.jpeg.170664b21652a5417ed883f646738d58.jpegCFA8BA27-8323-4F2A-8FCF-17F33BF5B06D.thumb.jpeg.a8f751411c559744786895e53f89c331.jpeg5A882597-3811-4F77-BD14-1B0893DC9213.thumb.jpeg.338a37dc1fde30abb37ea795e0f923b7.jpegDC049B36-48BD-4AF9-A6D9-F8268C228A5F.thumb.jpeg.df77c8ad93e48e612c8cfb517056fa1f.jpegAC4602E2-404B-4F27-86C2-B107A6C31164.thumb.jpeg.894faf65b20c3919afd9cfee9eb93212.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...