Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
41 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Jesus H that is a bitter, bitter strong and freezing wind out there. God help any homeless or rough sleepers tonight.

Apparently there’s an 8 yr old girl missing in Portadown. All over social media and online news outlets. Been missing since 5.30pm this evening. Hope she’s found safe and well

@Weegaz what automated forecast you using? 

Posted

not a flake fell here in belfast in well over an hour or 2, radar lying lol

Posted
1 minute ago, snowydog said:

Apparently there’s an 8 yr old girl missing in Portadown. All over social media and online news outlets. Been missing since 5.30pm this evening. Hope she’s found safe and well

Ok nvm she’s been found safe and well! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Plenty of reports precipitation falling as rain in the south.:cc_confused:

jesus thed be some laugh at met.ie if thats true!

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowydog said:

MetO iphone all just.

Posted

18z gfs has the ppn in the Irish Sea dying out before it would reach us in the north, it also has this band about 50-80 mike south of where is actually is now but

Posted
18 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

There’s an awful lot of ppn building in the Irish Sea, I would nearly stay up for this.

its definitely pushing more north 

edit:- and the automated have updated to heavy snow for 6hrs for my location

I’ve heavy snow forecasted for 1am - Im in bed already - don’t think I’ll stay up for it though as I’ve had snow showing before And it never appeared.

hopefully I’m wrong and we wake up to some white stuff before this spell ends

Posted
47 minutes ago, gingercat said:

Temp appears to be rising slowly here

Noticed that here too, my thermometer reading has went from 0.0° to 0.4° over this last couple of hours. Still dry as a bone outside too, not a flake in sight.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

18z gfs has the ppn in the Irish Sea dying out before it would reach us in the north, it also has this band about 50-80 mike south of where is actually is now but

Yeah I’m not sure this will hit us. Who knows ?

Posted

I have never seen a low that was so hard to forecast as this one is!! The amount of uncertainty this week about it is unreal. In saying that my ex wife was called Emma and she was nearly impossible to forecast. :girl_devil::bomb::rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

Seems like anything could happen tonight tbh lol. 

Could do. But I’m not staying up late to find out. If I wake to a good dumping overnight great but doesn’t look like it going by gfs. But today was great so can’t complain. 

Met eireann update saying any snow in Ulster will be in the form of showers. That’s good enough for me to hit the scratcher soon. Just wasn’t meant to be. 

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted

The snow grains were on the wet side about an hour ago, but remember, this precipitation is coming from the bay of biscay!  There will be some mixing out. I expect the heavier precipitation to be all snow. It's still quite small grains here, but the heavy stuff is coming in off Wales in the next hour or so... I'm in work in the morning. God help me!

Oh, and the "egg on face" comments? Please. Have a little respect for the incredible professionals doing their level best to try and predict what could possibly be a very severe time of weather for our land. Sorry for the rant. It just smacks of an uneducated snowflake comment!!!

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

The snow grains were on the wet side about an hour ago, but remember, this precipitation is coming from the bay of biscay!  There will be some mixing out. I expect the heavier precipitation to be all snow. It's still quite small grains here, but the heavy stuff is coming in off Wales in the next hour or so... I'm in work in the morning. God help me!

Oh, and the "egg on face" comments? Please. Have a little respect for the incredible professionals doing their level best to try and predict what could possibly be a very severe time of weather for our land. Sorry for the rant. It just smacks of an uneducated snowflake comment!!!

Here we go again. You seem to have a lot to say about my education. That’s a few times you have mentioned it to me. You do make me laugh though. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

now we're questioning some of our education? lol right 

Posted
4 minutes ago, booferking said:

Well the heaviest snow to fall out of this event is falling here now even tho radar says otherwise this low is even screwing with the radars next.:D:D

It has been snowing here since I got up at 8 this morning!! Never got heavy till evening then turned light again and still going. Amazing day! Over 14 hours of falling snow!

Posted
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

It has been snowing here since I got up at 8 this morning!! Never got heavy till evening then turned light again and still going. Amazing day! Over 14 hours of falling snow!

Class. Hope it keeps goin for you. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Here we go again. You seem to have a lot to say about my education. That’s a few times you have mentioned it to me. You do make me laugh though. 

Sorry??? Was I talking about you???

12 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

now we're questioning some of our education? lol right 

Again, was I talking about you??

Lads, don't take offence, it was a general remark. The "egg on face" comment is thrown about wildly on the MOD thread about UKMO and MetE and I was defending them. Sorry you feel the need to take it personal.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Neiller22 said:

Class. Hope it keeps goin for you. 

Only 2/3 inches on the ground as most of it has blown down to the end of the street!! Your man has 8 foot drifts over his car!! Lollllll

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

Same starting snowing around 1pm today light and very dry like sugar but now heavy sugar blowing around everywhere to.

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Same starting snowing around 1pm today light and very dry like sugar but now heavy sugar blowing around everywhere to.

Yip same here. Took the dogs out a dander there and loved seeing the snow blowing around. Reminds me of Iceland and why I have been back the past 3 winters. Lol

• Like 1