IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
6 minutes ago, booferking said:

Starting to pep up a bit out east.

Untitled.png

Aye, just noticed that.

The showers in the North West of England are more widespread than expected, hopefully the really cold upper air is leading to more instability than expected at this stage. 

• Like 2

Posted

Seen about 4 / 5 light flakes falling here in Belfast ... nothing really .. but bit of a sign of things to come maybe? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Friday looking more and more promising..

image.thumb.png.02126cb0a65fcac8024f3b4495e84ea5.png

Hope so. Would be great to go out with a bang at least on fri. I just hope we get more snow showers from weds than is being forecast via convection. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Stole this from one of the English regional threads, looks good for the whole island of Ireland on Friday too.

tempresult_ejb7.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
17 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Personally I think that’s our only chance because even though we are in a warning weds and thurs I can’t see it coming to much shower activity wise. As MS says maybe SE NI but everywhere else looks dry. For me it’s get lucky with this low or a bust and that would be awful considering all the background signals. 

Couldn’t agree more but already shower activity pepping up off east coast and snowing lightly in Bangor. I think it will be mostly nowcasting re showers as if today is anything to go by when nothing was forecast then streamers may readily set up and produce a few surprises at very short notice. Has happened before. Currently 2.5c and dew point -5 and that’s on the coast before the coldest air even arrives so all good so far.

Posted

Do you see the showers on radar almost hitting the Irish sea from southern scotland and England. Wasn't expecting that. Might pep up a bit crossing the sea. 

Posted

Latest Met Office video forecast doesn't look very promising at all for the Northern half of the country on Friday. It actually shows the low exiting in to the Atlantic without making much distance northwards. Hopefully this evenings runs change that.

Edited by ronan

Posted

Showers pepping up a bit now. The flow is E/SE so not great for my location as there's not enough of a drag over the water, but when the colder upper air arrives later, this should improve. Louth and Nth Meath and Sth County Down in the firing line here so far.

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 14.14.43.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

Latest Met Office video forecast doesn't look very promising at all for the Northern half of the country on Friday. It actually shows the low exiting in to the Atlantic without making much distance northwards. Hopefully this evenings runs change that.

Strange because angie said a warning is likely Friday as well. Ah well. Who knows. What will be will be. The one I saw looked great. Must have changed in that case. 

Posted

Doesn't sound like things are promising at the minute - long week ahead though, so hopefully a few surprises ... would be a shame to have such deep cold with no snow lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Strange because angie said a warning is likely Friday as well. Ah well. Who knows. What will be will be. The one I saw looked great. Must have changed in that case. 

Its the one they put on Facebook. Can't actually find it on their web page. Maybe just playing it safe Neiller until more runs come out. There is zero warnings for Friday yet from the METO but hopefully start seeing them from tomorrow morning.

Posted

the polar low thats dropping tomorrow goes straight across the north, forecasts show the ppn not hitting us though for some reason, reckon could get a surprise out of that.

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

Its the one they put on Facebook. Can't actually find it on their web page. Maybe just playing it safe Neiller until more runs come out. There is zero warnings for Friday yet from the METO but hopefully start seeing them from tomorrow morning.

Yeah because it looked really good this morn on all weather forecasts so would be surprised on such a big shift. But anyway you can’t be a good old radar watch at min. ? 

• Like 1

Posted

A few grains of grauple starting to fall here, very light at present, but it's just the beginning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
20 minutes ago, SnowJon said:

Looks like it should be snowing at the moment in Bangor from this - but I'm stuck in work in Belfast! 

radar.thumb.png.70fcdb97ff6be8c642e886ba56e6b77a.png

It is, very lightly.

Posted

I'm just hoping i don't have to travel to London on Thursday and get stuck, don't mind it in 'normal' weather.  It was looking look late last week that it could be cancelled, but like most of these scenarios, now casting is always best.

Posted

Just watched updated bbc national weather and it still look good for thurs and Friday blizzard still showing to cover much of Ireland north and south with the the only exception be the extreme NW which may miss out but even here looked good for thurs most of the day. Obviously a constant changing situation 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
29 minutes ago, Eastantrim4 said:

I'm in work and it's looking pretty dark in Central Belfast, I suspect a flurry's not far away.

The Dark Sky app suggested there could be a flurry within the hour.

Anyone else using Dark Sky?

I used that before but now use the net weather snow app or the weather pro app. Both seem very accurate