Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Plenty of snow across Ireland for Friday on the latest GFS and UKMO runs, the former bringing in a thaw quicker though it has to be said.

Posted
24 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

GFS blows up a low which if it verified would cause major disruption in the South. 

North should get some of that action to i would imagine. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

North should get some of that action to i would imagine. 

Met Forecast sounds good. Frequent snow showers from Wednesday and beyond.

Posted

the BBC map forecast is utterly ridiculous for Friday country shut down lol

image.thumb.png.8aff5732b868f2f1835458bab2f87724.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Met Forecast sounds good. Frequent snow showers from Wednesday and beyond.

Looks brillliant to be fair. If I get 4 days of snowing falling on and off followed by mild I won’t grumble. We could be sick of snow by then. From what turned out to be SE England and mainland affair this is actually getting better and better by day for us. Mod thread non to happy st the moment u can imagine. 

Posted

Can anyone give me a quick summary of how things have changed to originally an eastern / mainland U.K. event to us getting in on the action? I knew the East of the Norn Iron would get something but it seems like it’ll be a lot better than we expected. Similar levels to 2013? Or better? 

Theres so many factors affecting everything. I find it so interesting - just would like to understand it a bit better. Think I have a fair idea - basically the introduction of this low pushing things a bit more north resulting in easterly wind direction more towards us? Is that right? Lol I’m probably Way off the mark. Just so interested. 

Edited by snowydog

Posted
16 minutes ago, bma79 said:

No sign of anything mild, the lying snow will be around for a while.

Nothing to add to the weather discussion but I just clicked on your profile pic thinking it had something to do with the weather for the incoming week. I was well had there. :D

Posted
4 minutes ago, Watsy said:

Nothing to add to the weather discussion but I just clicked on your profile pic thinking it had something to do with the weather for the incoming week. I was well had there. :D

Opps ??

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Can anyone give me a quick summary of how things have changed to originally an eastern / mainland U.K. event to us getting in on the action? I knew the East of the Norn Iron would get something but it seems like it’ll be a lot better than we expected. Similar levels to 2013? Or better? 

Theres so many factors affecting everything. I find it so interesting - just would like to understand it a bit better. Think I have a fair idea - basically the introduction of this low pushing things a bit more north resulting in easterly wind direction more towards us? Is that right? Lol I’m probably Way off the mark. Just so interested. 

No real change.

Eastern parts of the island will start picking up snow showers on Tuesday afternoon then becoming more widespread on Wednesday and Thursday. 

Friday could see a big blizzard for somewhere.

• Like 1

Posted

At present on gfs, it has Ireland in prime position for a serious dumping as it tracks north.

Loved today, crisp cold air, wall to wall sunshine and blue skies, roll on spring after one last hurrah this week.

As MS mentions, Tuesday we over here should start seeing snowing from the east

BD8AA26A-23CD-4CA8-B5D2-8E7755F5AFE9.png

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

At present on gfs, it has Ireland in prime position for a serious dumping as it tracks north.

Loved today, crisp cold air, wall to wall sunshine and blue skies, roll on spring after one last hurrah this week.

That chart only shows half the problem, there is mean winds of 30mph with gusts to 50 or 60mph....Blizzards!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Friday looks class!! At least all if us would get in on the action and it looks to stay cold well in to the following week. Very interesting week ahead!

Posted

ECM has around 60cm (SIXTY)of snow in the Dublin area during the course of the week! And that's before the drifts.

How long before Met Eirann put out a red warning?

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

ECM has around 60cm (SIXTY)of snow in the Dublin area during the course of the week! And that's before the drifts.

Maybe not until Wednesday/Thursday, the earlier the put out a red warning the longer they will have to leave it active and it will only cause problems because people will just think there's no point going into work. Going to drive some employers luh-laa. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

..The ECM snow charts or any snow charts for that matter are complete nonsense at such a range....

Posted
3 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

..The ECM snow charts or any snow charts for that matter are complete nonsense at such a range....

I wouldn't say complete nonsense but they gave a broadscale indication of what could occur.

Posted

Everyone into bed early tonight, gonna be a long week of model reviewing, radar updating, lamppost watching, forum commenting, utter excitement and more importantly.....snow shovelling. :yahoo::cold:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Everyone into bed early tonight, gonna be a long week of model reviewing, radar updating, lamppost watching, forum commenting, utter excitement and more importantly.....snow shovelling. :yahoo::cold:

In work so cannot see the models. Are we still on for good snow then and Is this blizzard still on the cards for the whole of Ireland including the north? Are we still looking good for Tuesday avo onwards MS in the East