Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
ronan

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

Today is wet and wild 

sadly I’m talking about the weather!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking fantastic towards month end. Easterly of sorts followed by stonking Northerly may be on the cards and lasting through December!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Looking fantastic towards month end. Easterly of sorts followed by stonking Northerly may be on the cards and lasting through December!!

Some excitement MS in MOD thread, could be a repeat of 2010?

How do you think we will fair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Some excitement MS in MOD thread, could be a repeat of 2010?

How do you think we will fair?

Certainly looking very 2010 like at the moment and there is little sign of the jetstream cranking up, so we could see repeated movements of heights between Greenland and Scandinavia through December. Just a pity the Scandi heights next week are a bit early in the season so no snow likely for Ireland from that.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Certainly looking very 2010 like at the moment and there is little sign of the jetstream cranking up, so we could see repeated movements of heights between Greenland and Scandinavia through December. Just a pity the Scandi heights next week are a bit early in the season so no snow likely for Ireland from that.

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Edited by Ed Stone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Ohhhh I haven't been near the model thread for a while, I take it something is afoot?

I’d leave it until the start of next week Pom before looking, in the mean time stock up on logs and get the snow shovel polished

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see something colder in the output. Always like a mild Autumn. Always think it gives better chances of cold going in to winter. Just back from another week in Iceland and winter hasn't even started there. Very mild at 7-10 degrees. Hope we all have a bit of luck this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday 26th, date for diary, snow ball fight, location tbc but Ireland somewhere, raise hands, who’s in? 😳

CA936411-7645-4270-B746-523F6251D97D.png

86E86B85-BB8E-4BE4-A6DC-21D4B72CFC1F.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blast from the past has been calling a near ice age winter for some time Steve Murr on his usual easterly cometh and major northern blocking for about a week. Tamara on the other hand sits on fence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some cracking charts showing up. In fairness to BFTP on the model thread, he has called this about 6 weeks ago!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×