ronan

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

Absolute glorious spell of weather, even a bit of thunder and lightning thrown into the mix ๐Ÿ˜Ž Looking a lot cooler for the nextย  few weeks, hopefully we will see a return of the warm weather again towards the end of June ๐Ÿค”

Business as usual next few days/weeks?

Hopefully it isn't for too long. Was enjoying having better weather than the south east of England for once in a while..

It's to cloud over a bit and not be as warm, but still very nice in general. The worst weather to hit by Wednesday/Thursday by the looks of things. Still, a glorious week and a bit of glorious weather. My BBQ is worn out!

Posted (edited)

What a lovely spell of weather we had looks to be coming to an end this week don't think it will be long till the sunny warm weather is back, this summer could be special could we get another 1995 summer๐Ÿ˜Žย we are due one.

Edited by booferking

Wednesday night into Thursday could be interesting, well if you like rain and gale force winds ๐Ÿค”

15 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Wednesday night into Thursday could be interesting, well if you like rain and gale force winds ๐Ÿค”

Currently I like rain, am dreaming of rain, I miss rain.....I want my grass seed soaked in, spending hours watering is painful. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™m going on holiday on Thursday morning, the winds better not disrupt my travel to 29 degrees, sun shine and San Miguel ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช

6 hours ago, Weegaz said:

Currently I like rain, am dreaming of rain, I miss rain.....I want my grass seed soaked in, spending hours watering is painful. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™m going on holiday on Thursday morning, the winds better not disrupt my travel to 29 degrees, sun shine and San Miguel ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช

Lol Weegaz personally I am hoping that this is just a temporary spell of rubbish weatherย  coming up, hoping for one of though long hot summers that they right songs about ๐Ÿ˜Ž Enjoy your holidays ๐Ÿ‘

Amber warning

Regions and local authorities affected:

• County Antrim
  • County Fermanagh
  • County Londonderry
  • County Tyrone

Between 04:00 Thu 14th and 09:00 Thu 14th

Storm Hector will bring very windy weather to Northern Ireland on Thursday morning, with gusts of 60 to 70 mph possible for a time.

What to expect

• Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected.
  • Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs.
  • There is a good chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
  • Injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties
  • Disruption to outdoor activities is also likely, with damage to tents, marquees and other temporary structures.
  • Flying debris is likely and could lead to injuries or danger to life

Further details

A deep area of low pressure, now named Storm Hector, will bring a very windy spell to much of the north of the UK on Thursday, as noted in a separate yellow warning. Parts of Northern Ireland look most likely to see the strongest winds during the early part of the morning, including the rush hour. Westerly winds will gust to 50 to 60 mph widely, though gusts of 70 mph are likely for a time in northern and western parts, especially, but not exclusively, along the north coast. These strongest winds will ease somewhat by mid-morning, though it will remain windy and the yellow warning remains in force into the afternoon.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-06-14

So more good useable weather on the way. Actually, a drought on the east coast is a real possibility if the high pressure programmed to take hold, actually does! Some glorious weather on the cards now. Looking forward to it again!

7 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

So more good useable weather on the way. Actually, a drought on the east coast is a real possibility if the high pressure programmed to take hold, actually does! Some glorious weather on the cards now. Looking forward to it again!

Bring it in. Love it.ย