Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Same starting snowing around 1pm today light and very dry like sugar but now heavy sugar blowing around everywhere to.

Didn’t start snowing here, hasn’t started snowing here......and doesn’t stain glass window look like it’s going to :wallbash:

Posted
Just now, booferking said:

Anybody else getting snow at the minute??

Yes. And I won't apologise for it. I think you understand my starvation... Like me as a Dubs fan, we went so long without the holy grail, and now it's piling in on me!!! :-0

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Weegaz said:

Didn’t start snowing here, hasn’t started snowing here......and doesn’t stain glass window look like it’s going to :wallbash:

? Same here! 

CoolFM FB live seem to think we will get a dusting at some point through the night (mentioned coments from Newtownabbey :/ Antrim / Ballymena / glengormley etc about having no snow) 

will see what happens but I’ll prob be sleeping lol 

Posted
1 minute ago, snowydog said:

? Same here! 

CoolFM FB live seem to think we will get a dusting at some point through the night (mentioned coments from Newtownabbey :/ Antrim / Ballymena / glengormley etc about having no snow) 

will see what happens but I’ll prob be sleeping lol 

the radar shows all of us with snow, but nothing is happening, wonder why it does this lol

image.png

Posted
9 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

What too. ? Could it be egg in their face time 

That’s my post from earlier, so one would only assume you were referring to me with your comment. But I didn’t take it personally just stating a fact that you have mentioned my level of education before. Anyway I hope you enjoy your snow later as you should get a good dumping 

Posted
Just now, Hegzyy said:

the radar shows all of us with snow, but nothing is happening, wonder why it does this lol

image.png

I know ? I’m shocked. I’m normal situations it would be snowing but this has been the weirdest weather week up here in Mallusk lol

Posted
3 minutes ago, booferking said:

Anybody else getting snow at the minute??

We had heavy snow this morning with deep drifts, then showers all day. Not much this evening since the showers started crossing over more land heading west. They seem to be stalling/dying out east of the Derryveagh Mountain range.

Happy to see a few more get some snow now. We've had our share here.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

That’s my post from earlier, so one would only assume you were referring to me with your comment. But I didn’t take it personally just stating a fact that you have mentioned my level of education before. Anyway I hope you enjoy your snow later as you should get a good dumping 

I was referring to the MOD thread. I should have mentioned that. Sorry. 

I haven't been on this too much today as I was busy enjoying our first proper snowfall with my kids since they were old enough to enjoy it!!! God knows they didn't know themselves with fun and laughter!!!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

I was referring to the MOD thread. I should have mentioned that. Sorry. 

I haven't been on this too much today as I was busy enjoying our first proper snowfall with my kids since they were old enough to enjoy it!!! God knows they didn't know themselves with fun and laughter!!!

You cannot beat a good fall of snow and it’s even better when you see your kids having so much fun in it. . Brings a smile to your face  and brings you back to your youth. Enjoy it while you can because you never know when that snow shield goes up again. 

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

image.png

The radar is picking up precipitation in the clouds but the air is so dry it's evaporating before it reaches the ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Rochey’s Snow Shield has been by blown up by the winds and is currently in full force in mid Co. Antrim ?

Edited by snowydog

Posted
Just now, snowydog said:

Rochey’s Snow Shield has been by own up by the winds and is currently in full force in mid Co. Antrim ?

The only consolation we have is that we wont have to endure the pain of seeing it melt in a few days time lol 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

image.png

Look closely enough and you’ll see Larne is totally clear. Nothing all day :(. The Beast has bypassed us entirely, the sidekick Emma on the other hand is giving us a bit of a bettering!

Posted

Bad snow here past two hours, if such a thing exists? Fairly accumalating I must say. Looks like more heavy stuff still on the way. Although the ice around the window sills and roofs did thaw.

Posted

Snowing here last 40 mins but mostly light. Just cannot get the heavy stuff yet but it might come later but I think I just a tad to far north. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

The wee snow shield has gone up again my neck of the woods. Surrounded by snow fall. Feel the pain of the south and east Antrim members. Roll on spring and hopefully a great summer ☀️☀️

Edited by johnny1972

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
2 minutes ago, johnny1972 said:

The wee snow shield has gone up again my neck of the woods. Surrounded by snow fall. Feel the pain of the south and east Antrim members. Roll on spring and hopefully a great summer ☀️☀️

And there you have it. Only part of NI not under snowfall ?? quite impressive ??

9D327C34-2D52-4E6B-BF61-365375A790C8.jpeg

Posted
1 hour ago, Eastantrim4 said:

Look closely enough and you’ll see Larne is totally clear. Nothing all day :(. The Beast has bypassed us entirely, the sidekick Emma on the other hand is giving us a bit of a bettering!

Nothing last 2 days but snow now falling. Light but maybe get heavier haha. It pushing further north. 

• Like 1