Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
ronan

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

You wouldn't pick us up a loaf of bread and a bottle of whiskey, thanks in advance 👍

I have a jam jar of tennesy moonshine if you want one of them, puts hair on women’s chests, easy to tell if the wife’s had a slug:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok well I'll Say it then....

i guess that's that till next winter😕!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

constant snow here and wind getting stronger. never seen snow drift so much in my life. was out in it there and would near blind you.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Ok well I'll Say it then....

i guess that's that till next winter😕!!!!

What’s what to next winter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well snow is falling much heavier than expected in Dublin here ahead of main snow to come, we had 15cm on Tuesday night, little or nothing yesterday and non stop light snow since early morning 

Edited by AllTheWeather
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

What’s what to next winter 

Him getting any snow 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bma79 said:

Him getting any snow 😂

Ah right. How does he know he’s not getting any? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange there seems to be snow around Omagh Sparky? Although you might be more Strabane direction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone under the huge green blob on the radar near armagh? looks really heavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

anyone under the huge green blob on the radar near armagh? looks really heavy

That huge blob hasn’t moved for hours, someone is getting pasted!

Edited by bobbarley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like central Monaghan is getting hammered. I think the main low is looking better than expected for mkre northern areas. 

Come on baby, you can do it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. Always does before snow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Looks like central Monaghan is getting hammered. I think the main low is looking better than expected for mkre northern areas. 

Come on baby, you can do it!!

If it would keep tracking up the Irish Sea sperrin......slowly slowly it is, it’s going to pick up more moisture as it does so, if we could get it north to iom then track west it would be interesting......very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ME have extended the red warning until 6 pm tomorrow evening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

If it would keep tracking up the Irish Sea sperrin......slowly slowly it is, it’s going to pick up more moisture as it does so, if we could get it north to iom then track west it would be interesting......very interesting.

Up north then move north west would Ben nice so we get in on some of the action - very doubtful for anything for me though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When's the thaw kicking off 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus H that is a bitter, bitter strong and freezing wind out there. God help any homeless or rough sleepers tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Jesus H that is a bitter, bitter strong and freezing wind out there. God help any homeless or rough sleepers tonight.

Just been out for a walk my exacts thoughts. Hopefulyy there will be no fatalities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temp appears to be rising slowly here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard on the radio earlier that they have managed to get most of the people of the streets expect a handful. Also heard that a few were detained for their own good after refusing help. Obviously they won't get everyone off the streets but good to see they are trying to help rather than letting people freeze to death.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ronan said:

Heard on the radio earlier that they have managed to get most of the people of the streets expect a handful. Also heard that a few were detained for their own good after refusing help. Obviously they won't get everyone off the streets but good to see they are trying to help rather than letting people freeze to death.

That's good news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There’s an awful lot of ppn building in the Irish Sea, I would nearly stay up for this.

its definitely pushing more north 

edit:- and the automated have updated to heavy snow for 6hrs for my location

Edited by Weegaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×