Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
ronan

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

Angles forecast dry for most of tomorrow but persistent snow south and east tomorrow evening and overnight. Who knows. Who cares now really as this is greatvthis morn. Enough to do me. Anything else a bonus now. 

• Like 1

Still coming down rightly.

Screenshot_20180301-074504.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Angles forecast dry for most of tomorrow but persistent snow south and east tomorrow evening and overnight. Who knows. Who cares now really as this is greatvthis morn. Enough to do me. Anything else a bonus now. 

Neiller you definitely do the must IMBY posts, terrible up to last night now fantastic. Lol

Streamers passed north and south of me all night as well. Just a dusting this morning. A shower has just stopped, wind chill today isn't pretty!

6 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

To be fair, Angie said "Risk of persistent snow in South and East "

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Neiller you definitely do the must IMBY posts, terrible up to last night now fantastic. Lol

Say what u see. I can’t post its snowing if it’s not. 😂 anyway I expect met office to remove or alter warning for us on fri going by there text update and angles forecast. 

Edited by Neiller22

Just now, mountain shadow said:

To be fair, Angie said "Risk of persistent snow in South and East "

Was that for friday or fri evening as graphics showed mostly dry until evening. Maybe the one I watched was old but video started first thing today. Was via phone. 

5 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Our luck had to run out sometime @booferking haha!!

9C7E2FF0-60A3-46C1-861E-0C3B14F0DCD0.png

I'm dead centre of that line sperrin, I counted 6 snow flakes on the roof of the car this morning.

Water to house frozen, electric flickering and flight to london cancelled.......fan [email protected]#king tastic start to the day.

7 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

It’s coming down think and fast. Has been for an hr. 2-3 cms I reckon 

Nada here this morning - few flakes gathered round edges of kerbs but nothing. I’m so sad about this all lol 😫😫😫😫

Very snowy in Belfast City centre - maybe an inch on the ground with more to come by the looks of it!. 

Had a hard job finding the car parking spaces under the snow :) :

carpark.thumb.jpg.31491bea9da580e95df801f25dae2cae.jpg

48 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

Snow to the north of me

Snow to the south

Here I am stuck in the middle with nought!

Me too!!! Wtf! 😫😫 might needa go to my mum and dads for the day but I’ve work (I’m the only one that can get in to work wtf)!! 😫

The very latest bbc forcast, snow doesnt even reach dublin! 

22 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Was that for friday or fri evening as graphics showed mostly dry until evening. Maybe the one I watched was old but video started first thing today. Was via phone. 

Friday evening.

MeteoGroup who supply bbc have rubbish, bbc have been trumpeting this low all week, Metoffice where always more uncertain

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Friday evening.

Well I just watched bbc national news weather there now and it hardly had the low or snow showing  even in the Republic of Ireland. No snow at all for here so god knows what’s happening. The forecasts are so wide of the mark from one another it’s mad.I find the bbc weather completely inaccurate to be fair.  Least it’s snowing here heavy now 

Edited by Neiller22

1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Heaving it down up here, piling in

As for Friday's snow, I'm still non the wiser. GFS 0z says yes, Met text says no.

Yes finally got into the snow action overnight with a few cm’s right on coast and so dry and powdery as well !! Blowing a gale and -2

4 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Well I just watched bbc national news weather there now and it hardly had the low or snow showing  even in the Republic of Ireland. No snow at all for here so god knows what’s happening. The forecasts are so wide of the mark from one another it’s mad.I find the bbc weather completely inaccurate to be fair.  Least it’s snowing here heavy now 

Noticed that myself, didn't show any snow over the north for Friday.

1 minute ago, bma79 said:

Noticed that myself, didn't show any snow over the north for Friday.

Or the south! The low just skirted extreme south of Ireland. Utterly bizarre forecast. Great here at mo though. Total blizzard 

Winds have straightened the band off again that's hitting Belfast, I'm missing the snow  by just 1 or 2 miles since around 5:30am, only have a dusting.

I might take the train up to Belfast/Lisburn.

16 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Or the south! The low just skirted extreme south of Ireland. Utterly bizarre forecast. Great here at mo though. Total blizzard 

Best snow for us for a good long while. Heaving it down.

I wonder what the GFS 6z will show.