Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

some serious snow showers here this evening. wind is just blowing the snow everywhere. some areas are clear but its piling up in others. amazing to watch it and to be honest not something ive seen to many times in my life.

Posted
4 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

Hirlam not as good. Gfs same boat. Hirlam below 18z then 12z

Screenshot_20180228-220312.png

Screenshot_20180228-220254.png

I can't see which one is latest.  Both are equally good depending where you live!!!

Posted
7 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

One at the top is latest. North third of the county has a lot less snow. Still great below that but always was. 

Thankyou. Unfortunately not so good for me. Hey ho.

Posted

ecm percipitation charts are the worst of the lot! the north get light snow a few hours, most of the south avoid:

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/europe/precipitation-total-3h-in/20180302-0900z.html

Posted

Steady showers here all evening. Fairly light, but the lying snow is building up a bit and some back roads are in bad shape.

The showers are building as they cross over the north coast heading across Lough Foyle and Inishowen, giving us a nice dusting here on the north west coast. Hope to see a bit of lying white stuff in the morning.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

ecm percipitation charts are the worst of the lot! the north get light snow a few hours, most of the south avoid:

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/europe/precipitation-total-3h-in/20180302-0900z.html

They've not updated since 12pm though and will update again at 12am.

These streamers are so dependent on wind direction it's unreal.

10 miles South of me is gettin mullered.

Posted

Sure didn't my heating just go and pack in,boiler isn't firing up. Never happens in the middle of summer, lol. Have the open fire lit so all good and hopefully will get someone out in next day or two to sort it. Enjoy any snow folks, still nothing here.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Hopefully better for us in the morn MS as wind supposed to be direct easterly. As for for fri  low it will be nowcasting I think. It will either be great or a bust but I’m not hopeful at all. As for the streamer it sure is a bummer. Just missing me by a couple of miles. ??

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Mournes will be getting a serious pasting ms, streamers seem to have followed that line nearly all day. 

Can’t believe we have had nothing so far, like literally nothing at all, nout, zilch, nada, zero, diddly squat, stained glass window all......I could go on

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Hopefully better for us in the morn MS as wind supposed to be direct easterly. As for for fri  low it will be nowcasting I think. It will either be great or a bust but I’m not hopeful at all. As for the streamer it sure is a bummer. Just missing me by a couple of miles. ??

Well we're 80% chance of heavy snow showers between 1am and 7am so here's hoping.

Posted

Took the dog for a walk around 7PM, good snow showers then, it seems to snow every half an hour here tonight, another shower now. Plus the wind is causing the snow to blow around and drift, i've never felt snow so soft. Very quiet here, haunting to be out. 

Posted

Interesting. They seemed convinced so we will see what meto say for north. They didn’t seem so sure earlier. Hopefully new info has brought on this warning. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Interesting. They seemed convinced so we will see what meto say for north. They didn’t seem so sure earlier. Hopefully new info has brought on this warning. 

Heard Eileen Cusack mention earlier today that there was one particular model they were waiting for output from tonight and that forecasts would be updated based on that. Sorry, I can't remember what model she mentioned.

Edit: It wasn't any of the models I've seen mentioned on a regular basis this site.

Edited by DonegalDanny

Posted
1 minute ago, bobbarley said:

Yeah what r they seeing that we don’t!

Does that include Ulster though in their warning

Posted
1 minute ago, Dylan87 said:

Well they are seeing a front meeting polar air so of course it will turn to snow. 

We know it’s going to turn to snow the issue is if it will reach Northern Ireland though. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

We know it’s going to turn to snow the issue is if it will reach Northern Ireland though. 

I don't see how it won't..

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I don't see how it won't..

Posted

Well if it going to hit Donegal it will hit NI. Their threshold for red warning is only 8cm

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Does that include Ulster though in their warning

Warning just covers Donegal, cavan and Monaghan, they don't issue warning for Northern Ireland but they give a weather forecast for NI. I don't understand the red tbh for Ulster counties but maybe they see something we don't. 

Edited by BlastFromThePastbuzz

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
9 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Yeah what r they seeing that we don’t!

ECMWF850's  .. we may be under a blanket of cold for 10 days .. and have more snow than you ever dreamed of ..