Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's a bit brisk this morning! Lol my phone showed minus 5 at 7am when my alarm went off. Wee bit of frost on cars and grass. 

Posted
22 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

And heading into the north later. Looks good. Meto update for Northern Ireland thurs updated to include more of the north now as well. 

The front from this system not expected to hit us until Saturday if at all, any snow we get will be showers.

Any chance of getting an update from your boffins in Aldergrove?

Posted
10 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The front from this system not expected to hit us until Saturday if at all, any snow we get will be showers.

Any chance of getting an update from your boffins in Aldergrove?

They are worse than useless MS. Either disruptive snow or none at all.  

Though I’m surprised meto have extended warning for us till sat if it’s not expected to us. Maybe they see something we don’t. Time will tell I guess. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

Light graupel here not so long ago. I'm booking the week off work (I'm self employed anyway so don't have to book it) but don't expect much to happen until tomorrow/Thursday. Won £2.5k last night so, a week of spending coming up lol

• Like 2

Posted

euro 4 isnt good viewing for northern ireland, nothing at all for the next two days, and anything it is showing is rain lol also it isnt half as cold as forcasts said it would be last night, 4 degrees in belfast this morning. was supposed to be -5 at home last night but heard there was barley a frost

Posted
3 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

euro 4 isnt good viewing for northern ireland, nothing at all for the next two days, and anything it is showing is rain lol also it isnt half as cold as forcasts said it would be last night, 4 degrees in belfast this morning. was supposed to be -5 at home last night but heard there was barley a frost

Ah well. We will see how it goes. If it’s sunny that will do me nicely. Get stuff done around garden. Win win situation for me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Just had our 1st very light snow shower in Palmerstown of this upcoming event at 9:15am

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

2 days into the cold spell after a the record SSW and it is has been garbage so far. Unfortunately for Northern Ireland we cannot get the wind into a South Easterly direction, mainly North Easterly or Easterly and that's no use to us.

The heavy snow impacting on Southern Ireland no longer looks like working North either.

Still time for a change for the North but looking good.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

2 days into the cold spell after a the record SSW and it is has been garbage so far. Unfortunately for Northern Ireland we cannot get the wind into a South Easterly direction, mainly North Easterly or Easterly and that's no use to us.

The heavy snow impacting on Southern Ireland no longer looks like working North either.

Still time for a change for the North but looking good.

The ECM says otherwise this morning about the heavy snow as it moves it North, but to be honest its glorious weather this morning sun is splitting the trees and the ground as dried right out over the passed week keep it up i say if we cant get snow then i will settle for cold crisp mornings.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Chances of seeing ANY snow diminishing rapidly now!

This is like the mad thread this morn ??. It will snow just don’t know how much. Any forecast I’ve seen still talking bout snow but if it doesn’t comes sunshine will do me. 

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
13 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

As ever, snowfall is better as a nowcast. So hard to forecast it even 24 hours out. There'll be surprises, it's just where they will be.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Well GFS 6z has the North back in the game with plenty of showers and then a very snowy looking Friday.

Still no consensus yet.

Posted
7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Well GFS 6z has the North back in the game with plenty of showers and then a very snowy looking Friday.

Still no consensus yet.

It sure has.  Which is a good sign because it is getting nearer the time now. All is def not lost we just got to keep the faith this winter will go out with a bang then onto lovely springtime hopefully. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just read about a massive snowball fight organised in Dublin - snow's not even here yet - I'm so jealous lol! May need a day trip to Dublin to get my fix until next winter (Pleaseee!! lol) ..

Not much talk about the second SSW - does anyone think, after this 'milder' spell takes over, that we could get anything after (middle - end of March) - I was not mentally prepared for that last bout of snow to be the last for the entire winter lol .. I'm now mentally prepared for any snow that decides to show up - I will enjoy and move on and be ready for spring :D

I jest with a hint of sadness lol

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

uppa 6Z  :yahoo::rofl:

Amazing I bet no other regionals will have a model description better than that , love it , UPPA 6Z!!!!

Posted

It would be highly typical of this winter that a) the low went too south, b) the front fizzled before it reached the north, c) it was marginal for lower levels

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Posted
6 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

It would be highly typical of this winter that a) the low went too south, b) the front fizzled before it reached the north, c) it was marginal for lower levels

:D:wallbash:

Posted
1 minute ago, Sparky72 said:

But I'm not far from your location and my netweather forecast says 0% chance snow for Wed, Thur and Fri!

I live most the time in belfast in strabane the odd weekend, so anywhere accross the north suits me tbh lol