Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

@Sperrin you jumped on the "it's all gonna fail wagon too early in the Model thread" Keep the faith my friend. How many changes have we seen in the past week. It's still all to play for. After all it is the pub run. 

Posted
9 hours ago, ronan said:

@Sperrin you jumped on the "it's all gonna fail wagon too early in the Model thread" Keep the faith my friend. How many changes have we seen in the past week. It's still all to play for. After all it is the pub run. 

Good call last night @Sperrin no more chasing phantom easterlies from me for now on,  when they land they rarely deliver for us out west anyhow full steam ahead for Atlantic highs ridging towards Greenland..

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
2 hours ago, booferking said:

Good call last night @Sperrin no more chasing phantom easterlies from me for now on,  when they land they rarely deliver for us out west anyhow full steam ahead for Atlantic highs ridging towards Greenland..

To be honest my main assertion was wrong as I mistakenly was looking at the 12z instead of 18z. However, it was (from my v limited understanding) clear that the initial strength of the block and subsequent easterly was dealt a massive blow by yesterday afternoon. 

Should I go on model thread and do a bit of 'I told you so?' 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

To be honest my main assertion was wrong as I mistakenly was looking at the 12z instead of 18z. However, it was (from my v limited understanding) clear that the initial strength of the block and subsequent easterly was dealt a massive blow by yesterday afternoon. 

Should I go on model thread and do a bit of 'I told you so?' 

Oh yeh, they love that!

I'm going to wait until tonight's 12s before throwing in the towel. 

Posted

I’ve managed to avoid the model thread this winter and I feel so much better for it... no mad mood swings from elation to inevitable disappointment. So far I seem to have missed 2 severe let downs.

Keep up the good work guys and I’ll continue getting my info from in here, far better!

Posted

When I see an easterly forecast  I avoid model thread too. They never happen and if they do it’s once in a blue moon they are only half decent anyway. 

Posted

I take interest in the mod thread every year until about this stage when dreams get shattered for many 6 days into winter and the whole thing turns into a bit of a points scoring excerise and ‘I told you so’s’.

Was looking forward to the storm tomorrow which looked quite potent early in the week, hopefully we can get a bit of the white stuff in the run up to Xmas to make it feel a bit more festive.

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

So saying that we need to keep this thread more active it hasn't really got going this year but maybe a Northerly will❄️

When’s the northerly due boofer? 

Some have sledges polished

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

When’s the northerly due boofer? 

Some have sledges polished

A fleeting Northerly this Sunday but its a right toppler lol..

Northerly landing date just before Xmas around 20th

Posted
3 hours ago, booferking said:

A fleeting Northerly this Sunday but its a right toppler lol..

Northerly landing date just before Xmas around 20th

Ooo the 20th - my birthday and our Christmas staff night out! Interesting! 

Sorry - Hi guys! Just back in again after a wee break. Not getting too caught up on the model thread this year - really couldn't be bothered. In saying that, I'll prob have a nosey in the new year, but I'll not be as obsessive as previous years - what will be will be, whether I know what will happen or not ... it'll still happen.

Posted
8 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Another Easterly bites the dust.

I think our best chance of snow will be from the North this side of the New Year.

I have to say fair played to you for not jumping on-board with the easterly. You definitely called it right. 

Posted
33 minutes ago, ronan said:

I have to say fair played to you for not jumping on-board with the easterly. You definitely called it right. 

Too many disappointments from failed Eastleries in the past, so I am always very cautious.

It's amazing that even with the billions spent on computing power, that the models still cannot accurately model Scandi Heights before T+120.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Too many disappointments from failed Eastleries in the past, so I am always very cautious.

It's amazing that even with the billions spent on computing power, that the models still cannot accurately model Scandi Heights before T+120.

It's unreal!! Hopefully a cold shot from the North or North West before Xmas. 

• Like 2