Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Yellow, possibly Orange warnings in place for tomorrow night into Wednesday, big rainfall totals too. Not been spoken about much in the hunt for sneachta! Most of the island included apart from northern midlands. Dangerous weather.

Posted

Looks like we're looking towards mid January onwards for proper Winter, maybe we'll get lucky around Christmas with a Northerly toppler or something. Until then, enjoy the wind and rain!

Posted
5 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Looks like we're looking towards mid January onwards for proper Winter, maybe we'll get lucky around Christmas with a Northerly toppler or something. Until then, enjoy the wind and rain!

Meh, would rather not enjoy the wind and rain ☹

Posted
12 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Not quite MS, haven’t had time all day to look, but the 18z runs are quite good really!

Posted
9 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Not quite MS, haven’t had time all day to look, but the 18z runs are quite good really!

Back to square one this morning though.

Whilst the Arctic High hangs around we remain in a decent position but need the chips to fall the right way.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Trees down and trainlines  affected. Coastal flooding along with the high tides. Large waves and some ferry services and flights are cancelled

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Could be few chances of snow next week with weather systems bumping into cold air the further north you are one to watch with that wedge heights growing each run to are North-northwest..

Tuesday's snow potential below lets hope it grows.

gfs-0-132.png

gfs-1-138.png

138-101UK.gif

138-580UK.gif

138-574UK.gif

gfs-2-138.png

• Like 2

Posted
41 minutes ago, ronan said:

Now we are starting to see a bit of action. Great runs so far on the 12's! If those charts were to come off then it's game on in the run up to Xmas. 

I'm not getting excited yet. I feel like we're back where we were two weeks ago.

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

I'm not getting excited yet. I feel like we're back where we were two weeks ago.

Yeah, I have a nagging feeling about this. Not based on science of course, just that we've been burned so many times before....

Posted

Going on today's models we are on the verge of something real good. Week leading up to Xmas towards the new year is the focus point. Seeing this output in December is great. Not sure just yet what the outcome will be but not your average start to winter. Interesting times ahead. 

Posted

The good stuff is still at least + 10 days away so I remain on the cautious side of whether we get an Easterly from mid month. If it it's still there by Friday and hasn't been delayed then I might jump on board.

• Like 1

Posted

Friday looking stormy, hopefully last one for a while with possible colder / cold conditions  projected for start of week 2, fingers crossed anyway

AABF506C-F45E-4289-B09C-AF01BC98779B.png

FC774A6A-D6E7-433A-9033-DFBAA7CCC50F.png

Edited by Weegaz

Posted

After the wet and windy end to the week things should quickly settle down as the winds turn into the East next week.

Whilst I'm not expecting much initially i'm hoping the Scandi High retrogresses towards Greenland opening up all kinds off festive potential!