Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Lovely spell of weather here since Sunday last. Looks like it could last well into October with just the odd spot of rain or the odd shower based on latest models. Will take that and then hopefully some nice crisp frosty weather to usher in November before we go snow chasing again for 4 months or so.....love this time of year......

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Nice crisp morning. Got down to 1.6c. With a slight to Sharp  ground frost. My coldest Oct morning since 2012. last month I had my coldest Sept morning for many yrs. I get the feeling that a good winter for cold is on the cards.

Posted

Gorge cold frosty morn. Lovely. Though I’m off to Florida in a few days for 3 weeks but hope you guys get a bit of the white stuff. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes lovely frosty morning here earlier and beautiful sunny skies since with hardly a puff of wind with current temp of + 12 degrees....will take this weather any October for sure 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Back in the saddle for another snow chasing season and its an early start this season. Models really firming up on the incoming cold spell and we may see some of the white stuff, especially with elevation. 

gfs-16-132.png.c7028840d22a5943a87049727a6287ae.png

• Like 1

Posted

First Oct day since 2012 that I've recorded a single digit max temp. Max of 9.3c.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

Any sign of wintery precipitation yet up north?

Cold rain here Rochey, guys west of me could be getting a bit going by radar.

Hope we get a good pasting at least once this year, you did well last season

• Like 1

Posted

Max temp here today 6.8c, my coldest Oct day I think since at least 2010. Chilly evening just 2c here atm.

Posted

lovely sunny day today.good frost last night and should be another tonight. had to clear snow off the car yest morn so an early start this year!

• Like 5

Posted

Got down to -2.0c here last night, my coldest oct night in yrs.  -0.9c the night before. Earliest airfrost since 2010. Hopefully bodes well for the winter.

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

This week as the Irish Be Winter Ready campaign was launched, head of forecasting Met Eireann said that snow events could be heavier.  Media translations vary.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/9234-be-winter-ready-with-met-eireann-and-heavier-snowfalls-headlines

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, Jo Farrow said:

This week as the Irish Be Winter Ready campaign was launched, head of forecasting Met Eireann said that snow events could be heavier.  Media translations vary.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/9234-be-winter-ready-with-met-eireann-and-heavier-snowfalls-headlines

Jo there must be something in what she as said, Normally Met Eireann are quite reserved with their winter forecasts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
7 hours ago, DOdo said:

That was the point of my article, she didn't say what the headlines wrote. She commented on snow events being more severe, when they come. Not that there would be loads of snow this winter.