Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Wouldn't say Wednesday will be considerable rain. Maybe a few showers, but certainly not considerable. 

Next Tuesday's predicted breakdown, becoming less influential as per this evenings NWP too. Maybe my trip to Kerry might just be a Riviera type event!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I've had enough of getting sunburnt this year. Where's my cool and wet weather at? ?️

Posted

This is cool: a new henge has been seen in the dried up fields at Newgrange.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/scorched-earth-during-heatwave-reveals-new-monument-at-newgrange-1.3561326

It's a remarkable find to make in an area that has been so extensively studied already.

• Like 2

Posted

So it looks like this cool down and dampness will be short lived, Azores HP nudging up into the south from about the 20th bringing settled and dry weather with warmth again!

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like we'll be on the cooler side of that intense heat they're expecting in SE England next week, and I'm kind of thankful for that. I mean, I like extreme weather, but I would fail to function in any capacity in over 35 degC. That's something you need to become accustomed to IMO. We're kind of on a knife edge in regards to what sort of weather we'll have as we're a lot closer to the trough than England, especially where I am now, in SW Ireland. 

PS, it's gorgeous here, virtually a clear sky all day, into the low 20's and sun shining while we played beach games and swam. Best country in the world when the sun shines (and when it snows heavily.) 

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow
On 18/07/2018 at 22:29, Rocheydub said:

Looks like we'll be on the cooler side of that intense heat they're expecting in SE England next week, and I'm kind of thankful for that. I mean, I like extreme weather, but I would fail to function in any capacity in over 35 degC. That's something you need to become accustomed to IMO. We're kind of on a knife edge in regards to what sort of weather we'll have as we're a lot closer to the trough than England, especially where I am now, in SW Ireland. 

PS, it's gorgeous here, virtually a clear sky all day, into the low 20's and sun shining while we played beach games and swam. Best country in the world when the sun shines (and when it snows heavily.) 

Hey Rochey, glad you’re enjoying your trip to Kerry.

Any thoughts on how we’ll fair out with regards to thunderstorms? Will missing the extreme heat leave us under damp cloudy fronts or would our proximity to the low have us under the battleground sector with lots of beefy storms to enjoy?

Thanks in advance

Posted
12 hours ago, Mixer 85 said:

Hey Rochey, glad you’re enjoying your trip to Kerry.

Any thoughts on how we’ll fair out with regards to thunderstorms? Will missing the extreme heat leave us under damp cloudy fronts or would our proximity to the low have us under the battleground sector with lots of beefy storms to enjoy?

Thanks in advance

Am away on the jolly-days with no wifi so haven't been looking in depth at the model outputs. That said, from what I have seen, we won't have thunder storms in the next week or so and we won't have any real heat. In fact, I'd say we'll do well to hit mid 20's anywhere in Ireland this week. The SE corner may grab a glimpse of that, but nowhere else I'd say.

If I'm to hedge my bets, I'd say our drought conditions will be called off by the end of next week and the hosepipe ban rescinded!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Looks like the end is nigh... A more late summer Autumnal type of weather approaching from midweek onwards with a cooler regime 

What a fantastic year of weather 2018 has been so far.

Posted
2 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Looks like the end is nigh... A more late summer Autumnal type of weather approaching from midweek onwards with a cooler regime 

What a fantastic year of weather 2018 has been so far.

Yep normal service soon to resume. Though up here last 10 days havnt been great. Been some amount of rain at times and near normal temps. I don’t mind I’m heading away end Oct for 3 weeks to Sunny skies so it can do what it wants here on in

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Not really, next weekend sees high pressure resume control from what I see.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Right so, I've sobered up! 

Looks very uncertain in the medium/long term. Either wiped out by an ex-hurricane or resting in balmy HP controlled warmth.

Posted

Anyone about in Dublin for a pint?

I'm at the plaza hotel in Tallaght, Dublin tonight. Most likely in grumpy bar. He really great to meet a fellow netweather fan.

Edited by Baltic Regions

Posted

According to 12Z, we have an eventful week past Helene. Wednesday a storm, Thursday another, Friday could possibly feature one more too. No warnings out yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi folks, winter is coming 

But before all that, what a summer we had, heat, sunshine, more heat and more sunshine and a hose pipe ban, fantastic.

Tomorrows storm Helene looks to be weakening as it reaches us, rest of the week looks interesting as alluded to by parrot above. 

Looking forward to autumn and winter now as the weather past few weeks has been mweh.

Also looking forward to this forum livening up.

• Like 2

Posted

Hi all,

Greetings from a bright and showery county Galway this morning.

Storm Helene was a bit of a non event here really,

I'd say it did drop some rain in Scotland & northern UK though

The rag-tops had it ramped up to end of world status as usual,

Looking forward to more on this forum too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I hear of Storm Ali and I am back . Getting into my favourite time of year, weather wise. Helene wasn't up to much, bit windy last night and I got soaked coming from work!