Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Business as usual next few days/weeks?

Hopefully it isn't for too long. Was enjoying having better weather than the south east of England for once in a while..

Posted

It's to cloud over a bit and not be as warm, but still very nice in general. The worst weather to hit by Wednesday/Thursday by the looks of things. Still, a glorious week and a bit of glorious weather. My BBQ is worn out!

Posted

What a lovely spell of weather we had looks to be coming to an end this week don't think it will be long till the sunny warm weather is back, this summer could be special could we get another 1995 summer we are due one.

Edited by booferking

Posted
15 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Wednesday night into Thursday could be interesting, well if you like rain and gale force winds

Currently I like rain, am dreaming of rain, I miss rain.....I want my grass seed soaked in, spending hours watering is painful.

I’m going on holiday on Thursday morning, the winds better not disrupt my travel to 29 degrees, sun shine and San Miguel

Posted
6 hours ago, Weegaz said:

Currently I like rain, am dreaming of rain, I miss rain.....I want my grass seed soaked in, spending hours watering is painful.

I’m going on holiday on Thursday morning, the winds better not disrupt my travel to 29 degrees, sun shine and San Miguel

Lol Weegaz personally I am hoping that this is just a temporary spell of rubbish weather  coming up, hoping for one of though long hot summers that they right songs about Enjoy your holidays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Amber warning

Regions and local authorities affected:

• County Antrim
  • County Fermanagh
  • County Londonderry
  • County Tyrone

Between 04:00 Thu 14th and 09:00 Thu 14th

Storm Hector will bring very windy weather to Northern Ireland on Thursday morning, with gusts of 60 to 70 mph possible for a time.

What to expect

• Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected.
  • Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs.
  • There is a good chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
  • Injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties
  • Disruption to outdoor activities is also likely, with damage to tents, marquees and other temporary structures.
  • Flying debris is likely and could lead to injuries or danger to life

Further details

A deep area of low pressure, now named Storm Hector, will bring a very windy spell to much of the north of the UK on Thursday, as noted in a separate yellow warning. Parts of Northern Ireland look most likely to see the strongest winds during the early part of the morning, including the rush hour. Westerly winds will gust to 50 to 60 mph widely, though gusts of 70 mph are likely for a time in northern and western parts, especially, but not exclusively, along the north coast. These strongest winds will ease somewhat by mid-morning, though it will remain windy and the yellow warning remains in force into the afternoon.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-06-14

Posted

So more good useable weather on the way. Actually, a drought on the east coast is a real possibility if the high pressure programmed to take hold, actually does! Some glorious weather on the cards now. Looking forward to it again!

Posted
7 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

So more good useable weather on the way. Actually, a drought on the east coast is a real possibility if the high pressure programmed to take hold, actually does! Some glorious weather on the cards now. Looking forward to it again!

Bring it in. Love it. 

Posted

Reaching 27c in parts of Carlow and Kilkenny later today. Expecting max of 30 or 31 through this week.

image.thumb.png.2e1662315cee112a7a2df5f1b2231161.png

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

As much as it's nice I view the upcoming spell with some trepidation. As personally I've never been a heat lover , don't mind it for a few days but then it quickly for me loses its appeal .As far as im concerned it can stay for a week or so and then FO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm off to Madrid on Wednesday until Sunday and its about 38 degrees there now .  I'm already off work, a day for the beach and a BBQ tomorrow at my mum's it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Some impressive diurnal ranges yesterday, not often you see a 20C+ climb in temperatures.

Station.......Min.......Max....... Range
Gurteen....5.6C......25.7C.....+20.1C
Mt Dillion..5.4C......25.5C.....+20.1C
Mullingar...5.2C......25.5C.....+20.3C

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, booferking said:

But more interestingly enough Aldergrove highest reading  30.8c now 30.5c

Record.png

That 30.8 would match the record if confirmed.