Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

A nice couple of days here, back to the rain now. Hopefully it'll not be too long before the sun is back.

Posted

It really hasn't been that bad these few days. April showers interspersed with sunshine. Granted its cool compared to the last weekend but not shabby at all!

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Posted

Enjoy the incoming weather all, it could be our summer!!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Recorded my first 20c of the yr today. Lovely evening.

Posted

Thursday to Monday was just glorious down here. Yesterday and today are a bit cooler, but mostly dry. Very useable weather. At least it's not low single digit temps again!

We were walking don a hill at the end of my road last Sunday evening in shorts and tee-shirts and my wife remarked, that 5 and a half weeks ago, we were tobogganing down that hill all wrapped up in driving snow! Mental turnaround. If only our climate were more like that all the time eh?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Weather is a bit disappointing at the moment. Yesterdays the models were showing wall to wall sunshine but unfortunately it's cloudy and cool presently. 

Posted
28 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Weather is a bit disappointing at the moment. Yesterdays the models were showing wall to wall sunshine but unfortunately it's cloudy and cool presently. 

Yep a bit of a let down but but still quite nice. Much better than the crap we have suffered recently 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Really starting to clear up now though. With wind changing to SE we are in prime position to avoid the low cloud moving in from the continent whilst still being lovely and warm. I've no desire for 30°C so a week of sunny, low to mid twenties weather sounds deadly. Can't wait!

Edited by Sperrin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
20 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Booked of Friday and Tuesday of Monday anyway with the bank holiday so looking forward to sending you all pics of my glorious tanned body.... I may have jinked this now.....

I'd take rain and 10 degrees over the potential tanned pics haha!

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful few days, and is set to continue.

Cracker May, funny watching theSouth Englanders in the model thread bickering as usual. (Maybe they aren't getting the best of it this time around lol)

Posted

So the long sunny periods which were forecast for next few days have now been replaced with mostly cloudy sky’s. Typical. Shame for everybody expecting a bit of sunbathing and bbq’s. Instead just the usual grey laden sky’s all be it a bit warmer. 

Posted

Gorgeous few days here, clouding over occasionally, but no rain and great warmth!

Posted

Still divine out there. Not much cloud here in the NW either and with hope a thunderstorm or two would be grand there is certainly the heat to spark them off..

Posted

Hi guys, sun shining and most are happy, including the wife

i’m over In London for work this weekend, what an incredible lighting storm last night, never seen anything like it, flashes every few seconds and then the rain and thunder started. If I can i’ll upload a video later.

Sunshine and warmth looks set to hang around for a while, great getting the place dried up so we can sow the garden.

Posted

No sunshine here mate. Njoy what ur getting. Cloudy and cool here for most of us in east