Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

I'm very happy for all who seen the historic snow event. From a personal point of view it's been horrendous lol, not even a dusting. I would have been happy with a bit on the ground, no such luck. Exhausted radar watching this week all in vain lol. 5 years since the last big blizzard on the island. God knows when it'll happen again, I hope to... I don't miss out next time haha

Edited by BlastFromThePastbuzz

Posted

Funny old world this. I took last Monday off to build and redesign the back garden. 

I fully hoped to be buried deep to the hinge end in snow by the weekend. As it turns out I have a few wee polystyrene balls out the back and a fermentation barrel with six inches of ice in it.

Im totally stoked for the guys in the firing line and I would happily have had a winter with no lying snow if it would break the forever persistent Dublin snow shield.

as it turns out its had its back door well and truly smashed in. ?

Im actually enjoying the cold spell anyway. Tomorrow I'm going to spend the entire day outside working in the garden. With that in mind if anyone wants to try and remember the colour (dare is say this evil word) GREEN; give me a shout and I will bombard you with photos of my back yard with greater intensity than a North Korean cyber attack on the NHS.

I have to say I've totally enjoyed this entire rollercoaster. The air outside has been colder than I can ever remember. Including 2010 cold snap which had day time temps less than minus 8 and more. The air was a clear as a bell.

im not without envy and equal worry for those under the hammer. (Got a friend in Germany who calls this weather the Russian hammer).

anyway I've lots of mead In The snow starved ballyclare so if you get bored or just fancy a few, come and give me a hand to build my new garden.

• Like 5

Posted

It's all gone crazy in Dublin gang looting and wrecking the place. Scum

Any of you follow Donegal weather channel on Facebook go have a look mental.

Edited by booferking

Posted
14 minutes ago, ronan said:

Absolute shocking scenes in Dublin with the looting!! Scumbags need lined up and shot! 

Aye they do need a big slap and a good time in the klink but shooting em thats a bit too far lol.

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Posted
4 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Aye they do need a big slap and a good time in the klink but shooting em thats a bit too far lol.

Am sure no one would miss them. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, ronan said:

Thats quite right aye, scum of the earth. Lidl store was completely demolished from that..

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, ronan said:

But but but... Who'd collect for the many charities, or sing in the gospel choir on Sunday mornings?

What happened out there was premeditated looting. It's disgraceful. Shocking and abusing the fact that the Gardai couldn't get to the scene quickly due to snow drifts on surrounding roadways. Absolute b@5t@rds. 9 arrested, including the digger operator.

I love my city. You have to go back 7 generations before you find a non Dubliner, and I'm very proud of that fact. But, I'm not one bit happy tonight. One side of Dublin/metropolitan life that I'll never, ever be proud of. I hope they catch all those responsible and impose appropriate sentences. Joe Duffy will be interesting tomorrow! I tweeted earlier that they just f****d over their community and neighbours now out of work. Scrotebags.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

It’s utterly awful what went on in Dublin tonight! Can’t help but feel ashamed of the scum that are painting such a disgusting picture of our country, given that it will undoubtably be on international news.

One would imagine that during such an historic weather event, a banding together of people and a sense of community would prevail, not the complete opposite!! Can’t imagine that sort of thing happening back in 1947/82

• Like 1

Posted

O my. Been snowing here moderately the last hour. Another wee top up. Shame it will a be gone tomorrow when rain comes. Been really good though. 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

O my. Been snowing here moderately the last hour. Another wee top up. Shame it will a be gone tomorrow when rain comes. Been really good though. 

Heaviest snow yet I reckon. Cracking stuff.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Heaviest snow yet I reckon. Cracking stuff.

It sure is nice  continuous snow. A go out with a bang scenario. 

• Like 1

Posted

Heaviest snow of the the whole spell in Bangor - right on the last day :D

Edited by SnowJon
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
2 minutes ago, SnowJon said:

Finally continuous snow and still very dry snow at that. Better late than never ❄️❄️ Maybe a few cm’s out of it if we’re lucky

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, SnowJon said:

Nice one. 

Posted

Been Epic week here in south Kilkenny...older folk around here cannot remember heavier snow falls. Huge drifts everywhere. Has snowed again over night and still snowing this morning...Rain due today but I noticed this band is falling as snow over Wales and precipitation off Wexford coast is turning to snow as at moves inland...With a thick blanket of snow over the countryside and surface cold still in place,  I wonder if we could eek another day of snow before the thaw comes?  

20180302_111733.jpg

20180303_071833.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Finally a dusting here in Glengormley! Wont imagine it’ll last very long but nice to get in on some of the action. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
19 minutes ago, Bottled Snow said:

Been Epic week here in south Kilkenny...older folk around here cannot remember heavier snow falls. Huge drifts everywhere. Has snowed again over night and still snowing this morning...Rain due today but I noticed this band is falling as snow over Wales and precipitation off Wexford coast is turning to snow as at moves inland...With a thick blanket of snow over the countryside and surface cold still in place,  I wonder if we could eek another day of snow before the thaw comes?  

20180302_111733.jpg

20180303_071833.jpg

That snow will probably take a good while to melt. Hopefully a slow thaw so no flooding issues.

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Bottled Snow said:

20180302_111733.jpg

20180303_071833.jpg

Band of snow showing over northern areas. A band of rain coming in from southeast is shown turning to snow on radar as it moves inland over Wexford Wicklow and Kilkenny. Might be short-lived but interesting to keep an eye on     

Screenshot_20180303-091928.png

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bottled Snow said:

Band of snow showing over northern areas. A band of rain coming in from southeast is shown turning to snow on radar as it moves inland over Wexford Wicklow and Kilkenny. Might be short-lived but interesting to keep an eye on     

Screenshot_20180303-091928.png

Aye. Been snowing quite heavy here over the last two hrs. Surprised there is no snow warning. Had one yesterday but got no snow. None today and most prolonged we have had this whole spell. 

• Like 2