Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
16 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Home and still no water but yet water at house down the lane. If there’s not a serious dumping here tonight I am gonna review my stance on being a snow seeker.....i’m contemplating turning into a warmy at present

Ill join ya! ?

Posted
7 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

Bbc update

Tonight

A perishing night as the bitingly cold easterly wind continues to accentuate the widespread frost. Often dry but with occasional snow shower, most likely in the north and east.

Think it will be slightly different n amber area. Maybe yellow warning might get that. Depends how recent that was updated. I will go with meto. But it could be wrong but doubt it this close. 

6 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Think it will be slightly different n amber area. Maybe yellow warning might get that. Depends how recent that was updated. I will go with meto. But it could be wrong but doubt it this close. 

Met office 

This Evening and Tonight:

Mainly cloudy with further snow showers, mostly across southern counties. Some longer spells of snow across Down and Armagh. Strong to gale winds will bring drifting of lying snow. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Friday:

More snow showers in the morning, mainly in the south, but easing through the day. Again the strong to gale easterly winds will bring drifting of lying snow. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Crap for the NW. Could be decent with you. 

Posted

Yeah looks good alright. More confident now they just updated to amber. Persistent snow instead of showers will be great to see. Will had to covering much quicker. I would say this is the last Swansong of winter though. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yeah looks good alright. More confident now they just updated to amber. Persistent snow instead of showers will be great to see. Will had to covering much quicker. I would say this is the last Swansong of winter though. 

Its really strange as the HIRLAM 0.1 & WRF NMM 2 km dont look to excited by it at all waiting for the Euro4 to update.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Look at all precipitation building near the Isle of Man. It appears to be pivoting towards the North West. 

If it makes it here there will be a dumping. 

Unbelievably cold out there. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, ronan said:

Blizzard conditions here now. Really wasn't expecting this!

Get in 

Posted

Okay updated Euro4 says no right its lamppost model from here on in good luck lads & ladies. This is some event if your not getting the snow the wind is a beast unreal and it is bloody freezing everything, i have a overflow that is leaking at back of house and the house is froze solid 4ft icicles:rofl:

Untitled.png

Posted
Just now, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Been snowing in Omagh since 3pm but far to light and just swirling around. Hopefully something better on the way 

Same here it really is something tho with the wind.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, booferking said:

Okay updated Euro4 says no right its lamppost model from here on in good luck lads & ladies. This is some event if your not getting the snow the wind is a beast unreal and it is bloody freezing everything, i have a overflow that is leaking at back of house and the house is froze solid 4ft icicles:rofl:

Untitled.png

The amount of time that has showed me snow this winter and Iv ended up with nout is unreal. So I’m glad it’s showing nothing. I’m going with proper met men forecasts and personal input. Those models are crap half the time. But we will see 

Posted
27 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Look at all precipitation building near the Isle of Man. It appears to be pivoting towards the North West. 

If it makes it here there will be a dumping. 

Unbelievably cold out there. 

Been thinking of using iom as marker for advancing ppn, track looks good at present.

had to go and get drums of water filled there, now have to go to Tesco to get drinking water.....haven’t done this since 2010 big freeze. Seriously cold out.....hands are red and stinging from the heat in house

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Been thinking of using iom as marker for advancing ppn, track looks good at present.

had to go and get drums of water filled there, now have to go to Tesco to get drinking water.....haven’t done this since 2010 big freeze. Seriously cold out.....hands are red and stinging from the heat in house

You wouldn't pick us up a loaf of bread and a bottle of whiskey, thanks in advance ?

Posted
32 minutes ago, Eastantrim4 said:

So with all this activity, why is Larne missing the action?

Mind you it’s bitter cold and very windy, just no snow :(

Not a flake of snow last couple days. Mad seeing other places getting buried. 

42 minutes ago, booferking said:

Untitled.png

• Like 2