Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

20 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Sorry to ask but what time was that update showing. All I can still see is the 1220 update any time I look. Must be stuck on my phone to wind me up!! 

It doesn't give a time. It was when the app updated to drop of the daytime forecast

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

my streamer's running out of steam .. sad face .. 

Posted

Reviewing radar, the system looks to be tracking north (maybe slightly nnw) to approx north wales and then turning to track east.

Interesting night of radar watching for us north of the border.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

Trying so hard to snow here but, meh. still just outside the streamer. The roads are white....with salt. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

That's more like it, Omagh getting pummelled now. We've a really light snow all day but intensity really picked up now. Streamer has lost steam in the southern corridor of Ulster and transferred to central/northern UIster.

Posted

The combination of spring tides and an easterly is having the usual effect on the Dart line just north of Dun Laoghaire:

I've also seen a video on FB of folks swimming in Sandycove harbour, the sea is near the top of the harbour wall, I've never seen that before.

Posted
7 minutes ago, norn iron said:

It doesn't give a time. It was when the app updated to drop of the daytime forecast

Cheers I still just have 1220 update. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Made it to Castlereagh Hills haha. Nice. 

Hope ur staying the night because you could see some good heavy snow later this eve. Latest models have it  slightly more east which will benefit us on the east 

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Hope ur staying the night because you could see some good heavy snow later this eve. Latest models have it  slightly more east which will benefit us on the east 

Heading home this evening unfortunately lol. Does that slight change more East look better for Newtownabbey lol ???

Posted

That Emma one gonna get knocked out if I ever meet here. Lol. She messing with the whole country's heads. Even up to the evening before she hits there are 50 conflicting forecasts. Head frying!

Posted
1 minute ago, snowydog said:

Heading home this evening unfortunately lol. Does that slight change more East look better for Newtownabbey lol ???

Might just skirt you. But honestly god knows. Just watched bbc national news and they are still saying it is hitting south and east Ni. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Might just skirt you. But honestly god knows. Just watched bbc national news and they are still saying it is hitting south and east Ni. 

Probably snow in North Belfast and snow in ballyclare but nothing in glengormley going by the way things have went lol. Enjoying it over here atm though ?

Posted
8 minutes ago, bma79 said:

Amber warning updated until 10am tomorrow

And there it is. I would be quite confident of this happening now. I thought when I said looking at latest models and the shift east  that it would benefit us and clearly that’s the case with the continuation of amber warning. This is going to be good folks. 

And I have white out again. It was a long time coming this for the east but hopefully wait is over. Already have great covering. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

Just took this photo from the garden showing how localised the streamers have been today. A dusting on Black Mountain and Divis and next to nothing on Cave Hill. 

F99BDA27-1579-48AE-B53E-2289B248E7BD.jpeg

Posted

Home and still no water but yet water at house down the lane. If there’s not a serious dumping here tonight I am gonna review my stance on being a snow seeker.....i’m contemplating turning into a warmy at present

• Like 1