Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

MS leave work now  full on white out here again and streamer looks great. 

Already on the bus. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

That is some streamer source to the NW of the IOM.  It's like a wee Vesuvius. 

The snow over Co Down I think is very slowly moving west and also north across the Lough towards County Antrim so all that have missed out should get something hopefully 

Edited by johnny1972

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

That is some streamer source to the NW of the IOM.  It's like a wee Vesuvius. 

It’s literally heaving down. A complete full on blizzard and that streamer just looks like it  keeps going! In all fairness I don’t know how tomorrow’s so called low could have beat this anyway.!

1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

It’s literally heaving down. A complete full on blizzard and that streamer just looks like it  keeps going! In all fairness I don’t know how tomorrow’s so called low could have beat this anyway.!

I know Neiller, but can you imagine if we get another foot on top of this?!

Posted
Just now, norn iron said:

I know Neiller, but can you imagine if we get another foot on top of this?!

It’s turning out pretty special to be fair. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, norn iron said:

Met IE still bullish with their red warnings for later

Yes I saw that. They are still saying it’s coming and countrywide. I wonder what they see tha meto don’t in relation to this low moving into NI 

Posted

MetEireann still saying countrywide so perhaps we are still in the game? There could be something they see that we don't.

Doubt it though!

Posted
5 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

Update red. Blizzard for muster leinster. Connacht and Ulster scattered snow showers. So the organised snow won't reach them. 

Could be delayed for those counties and red extended from 6 in morn on Friday some stage later. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

Update red. Blizzard for muster leinster. Connacht and Ulster scattered snow showers. So the organised snow won't reach them. 

No - scattered showers for the following:

Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal

Update 
Sub-zero temperatures and icy conditions continuing for the rest of today and tonight in strong easterly winds. Scattered heavy snow showers will lead to significant accumulations in some areas.

The Ulster forecast seems the same as earlier!:

Ulster
01 March 2018- updated at 13:00

Today 

Bitterly cold today with scattered snow showers. Highest temperatures of just minus 1 to plus 1 degrees in fresh to strong and gusty easterly winds.

Tonight

Early tonight persistent snow will spread from the south, heavy in places with blizzard conditions. Extremely cold with lowest temperatures of -1 to -3 degrees in strong to gale force and gusty easterly winds.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Friday, will be bitterly cold again. The snow will be persistent and heavy in places in the morning, especially over the south and east of the province. Highest temperatures of just 0 to 2 degrees in strong and gusty easterly winds.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Ulster

Posted
1 hour ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

No. Everywhere has been red since since 11pm last night. Just one warning since then. 

Screenshot_20180301-123425.png

Apologies, hadn’t noticed that! It was just amber for other areas. I guess with the uncertainty of the situation they have to be cautious and go all red.

Still hammering down here! The frontal system due to hit here after dark and Taoiseach just made a plea on national media for people to heed the warnings and stay indoors. That’s unprecedented!

Posted
38 minutes ago, johnny1972 said:

The snow over Co Down I think is very slowly moving west and also north across the Lough towards County Antrim so all that have missed out should get something hopefully 

Lol wishful thinking for us in co. Antrim. Just home after getting sent home from work - snowing but too light and blowy to lie. Very doubtful we will get anything work talking about. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Lol wishful thinking for us in co. Antrim. Just home after getting sent home from work - snowing but too light and blowy to lie. Very doubtful we will get anything work talking about. 

It’s brutal here. Blizzard on  and off last 2hrs and streamer still looks good. 

Edited by Neiller22

8 minutes ago, SnowJon said:

No - scattered showers for the following:

Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal

Update 
Sub-zero temperatures and icy conditions continuing for the rest of today and tonight in strong easterly winds. Scattered heavy snow showers will lead to significant accumulations in some areas.

The Ulster forecast seems the same as earlier!:

Ulster
01 March 2018- updated at 13:00

Today 

Bitterly cold today with scattered snow showers. Highest temperatures of just minus 1 to plus 1 degrees in fresh to strong and gusty easterly winds.

Tonight

Early tonight persistent snow will spread from the south, heavy in places with blizzard conditions. Extremely cold with lowest temperatures of -1 to -3 degrees in strong to gale force and gusty easterly winds.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Friday, will be bitterly cold again. The snow will be persistent and heavy in places in the morning, especially over the south and east of the province. Highest temperatures of just 0 to 2 degrees in strong and gusty easterly winds.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Ulster

If heavy and persistent snow is spreading from the south it will be heavy and persistent in Cavan and Monaghan first which is ulster and the warning doesn't state that. 

Posted

been blizzard like on malone road since 9am, however the flakes are so small doesn't seem like any extra accumulation. great walking in it, all blowing about the place its so dry!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

It’s brutal here. Blizzard on  and off last 2hrs and streamer still looks good. 

Mum just sent me a video (lives in Glenview). Told me she has dinner for me lol. Maybe if I head over there’s and stop straining my neck looking out my window here - enjoy the snow there then come home we might have some lying snow lol

Posted

Meto text update still saying dry tomorrow and sat with the odd wintry shower. Maybe does tie in with met Eireann amendments of warnings so looks like it won’t reach anywhere near here. Mind you the text this morn didn’t mention this snow today 

Posted

Atrocious conditions here now in Louth and Meath, you can't drive in it, spells of whiteout due to snow drifting. Snowing all morning, more to come. Icicles on cars.