Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

It’s not  going to get close to us unfortunately 

With the great uncertainty so far neiller, its possible, hopefully so anyway.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Whiteout conditions here. Great 

What's the Saintfield Road like?

I'm in town and wondering whether I need to head home early.

Posted
1 minute ago, Weegaz said:

With the great uncertainty so far neiller, its possible, hopefully so anyway.

Very true 

27 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Regarding the warning by Met Eireann, the red warning is for the afternoon, the rest of the country is under Amber and yellow alerts up to that. I was listening to Gerard Fleming (former head forecaster) stating that they had to go full red countrywide as they expect country wide precipitation from the storm and it will be heavy and all snow. I don’t see any issue with the red warning at all! 

Meanwhile in Dublin, the former snow shield has been blown away in the -2 wind and the windchill feels like -14! Snow falling constantly all morning and I now measure 10 inches in the back garden!

No. Everywhere has been red since since 11pm last night. Just one warning since then. 

Screenshot_20180301-123425.png

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

What's the Saintfield Road like?

I'm in town and wondering whether I need to head home early.

Bad in parts. It’s basically where the showers fall which are the bad sections. Gritters and ploughs seem to be doing a grand job. You should be ok unless a lot more falls this avo. Spoke to met guy from work and they say persistent snow still possible in the east tomorrow eve but a long way off as models are like a yo yo. Some have it up to north coast some no further than Dublin. He basically said radar watching was best idea. More heavy snow showers possible mid afternoon in south and east NI. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

Bad in parts. It’s basically where the showers fall which are the bad sections. Gritters and ploughs seem to be doing a grand job. You should be ok unless a lot more falls this avo. Spoke to met guy from work and they say persistent snow still possible in the east tomorrow eve but a long way off as models are like a yo yo. Some have it up to north coast some no further than Dublin. He basically said radar watching was best idea. More heavy snow showers possible mid afternoon in south and east NI. 

Cheers buddy. I'll keep an eye on the streamers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

No more snow here as of yet (I'm right at coast) but other parts of Bangor just 1 mile inland look to be getting constant showers. I have to now brave the cold and go collect a 30inch TV for my wee girls bedroom. It's a 10 min walk away. BRRR!

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Cheers buddy. I'll keep an eye on the streamers.

The seem to be building again 

Posted
Just now, Neiller22 said:

The seem to be building again 

They could link across the irish sea north of iom. Look to be going that way on radar.

Posted
4 minutes ago, norn iron said:

So latest update for tomorrows warning looks less likely for NI to get much snow but it does say significant uncertainty

Im not paying much attention to them. They did not forecast this much for me today then sprang up an AMber warning. It’s nowcasting and radar watching for me as they have been way wrong so far 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
6 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

They could link across the irish sea north of iom. Look to be going that way on radar.

Could indeed. Looks good 

Posted

Latest from beeb weather has it clipping southeast northern Ireland 4am then clear for everyone rest of the day.

Edited by bma79

Posted
3 minutes ago, bma79 said:

Latest from beeb weather has it clipping southeast northern Ireland 4am then clear for everyone rest of the day.

That’s the same beeb which on the 5am forecast on news this morn when I watched it which showed hardly any snow for me today and I’m currently sitting in about 10 cms since this morning and counting. I take their forecasts with a pinch of salt. And I’m now in an amber warning and currently snowing outside. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, ronan said:

Seeing pics and videos of north Donegal getting pasted is making me really jealous. Only 30 minutes down the road to!! :wallbash:

Spare a thought for us - we have none north of Belfast, below Ballymoney lol! Few miles down the road from me is getting pasted :( haha rotten

My work are closing early for everyone to get home - but I'll be going home to a nice dry, but windy day where I live :rofl::fool:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, ronan said:

Seeing pics and videos of north Donegal getting pasted is making me really jealous. Only 30 minutes down the road to!! :wallbash:

5 mins down the road its nearly 10 inches in places ronan, here a couple of polystyrene balls blowing about.....really frustrating lol

• Like 1

Posted

I have some thing falling at the moment, tiny little white specks but nothing to get overly exited about.

My location is pretty much smack bang in the middle between newtownabbey and ballyclare.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowydog said:

Spare a thought for us - we have none north of Belfast, below Ballymoney lol! Few miles down the road from me is getting pasted :( haha rotten

My work are closing early for everyone to get home - but I'll be going home to a nice dry, but windy day where I live :rofl::fool:

not a flake....real sickner when its all over the press everywhere how the entire country is at a whiteout.... yeah... but not HERE. :(

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Met ie seem to be amending their warnings

What too. ? Could it be egg in their face time 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
Just now, Weegaz said:

5 mins down the road its nearly 10 inches in places ronan, here a couple of polystyrene balls blowing about.....really frustrating lol

Crazy how the showers are so localized. We have a  bit of snow but i want to be knee deep. Lol

20180301_131658.jpg

• Like 1