Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

I'm praying showers turn sightly more to the south from current direction.

Totally missing out and eastantrim says, moira down the road getting hammered.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, snowydog said:

That's crazy! I've given up completely now. Looking forward to spring now lol. Everyone else enjoy it while it lasts :)

Radar looks to be pushing things a bit more north now snowy, might get lucky in next 15 mins

Posted

Regarding the warning by Met Eireann, the red warning is for the afternoon, the rest of the country is under Amber and yellow alerts up to that. I was listening to Gerard Fleming (former head forecaster) stating that they had to go full red countrywide as they expect country wide precipitation from the storm and it will be heavy and all snow. I don’t see any issue with the red warning at all! 

Meanwhile in Dublin, the former snow shield has been blown away in the -2 wind and the windchill feels like -14! Snow falling constantly all morning and I now measure 10 inches in the back garden!

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Radar looks to be pushing things a bit more north now snowy, might get lucky in next 15 mins

Just as I give up hope lol! Fingers Crossed. Have to say, fairly windy out there - glad I went up Cavehill yesterday and not today - that wind chill - phwoar! lol 

Oh also - everyone - on a wee side note - my username is because my childhood dog was a Samoyed called Snowy lol - nothing to do with me loving the snow (though I do) - just a nice coincidence.  I've been meaning to say that for a while now. Anyway - carry on :D

• Like 2

Posted

when you look at the radar and then BBCs pathetic graphics they were showing today, its nearly embarassing them going with those. should just have went back to snow symbols :D

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Need snow .. I need help .. lane blocked .. drifts to 2feet already .. 60cm .. glad I stocked up .. still snowing and blowing .. I haven't seen the sun other than glimpses thru snow .. temp risen a little closer to freezing . Reckon @ 4'' 10cm average .. but blowing off the fields .. fixing gaps in hedges today .. but had to build up a stock of firewood while I still could use the wheelbarrow . I seem to be getting just what I expected .. are you ? .. b.c. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Regarding the warning by Met Eireann, the red warning is for the afternoon, the rest of the country is under Amber and yellow alerts up to that. I was listening to Gerard Fleming (former head forecaster) stating that they had to go full red countrywide as they expect country wide precipitation from the storm and it will be heavy and all snow. I don’t see any issue with the red warning at all! 

Meanwhile in Dublin, the former snow shield has been blown away in the -2 wind and the windchill feels like -14! Snow falling constantly all morning and I now measure 10 inches in the back garden!

I think the issue is that some of the north west had seen nothing and according to the met office uk isn't expected to see anything. Just confusing and never seen such conflicting forecasts so not sure which to believe!

Posted

Northern Ireland is under a yellow warning, ATM, from the UK Met.

The whole of Ireland is under a red warning, how can one Met Office service put Donegal under a red, now, whilst another puts a bordering county to it under a yellow?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

The whole of Ireland is under a red warning, how can one Met Office service put Donegal under a red, now, whilst another puts a bordering county to it under a yellow?

giphy.gif

There's now an amber out for parts of Down and Armagh from the met office.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Radar going to get worn out....look what’s coming from south

3158F507-EB2F-4695-8A0F-E2C4F4594E3E.png

It’s not  going to get close to us unfortunately 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
Just now, Neiller22 said:

Whiteout conditions here. Great 

I'm going to go stay at my mum and dads a few streets away from you so I feel like I get some action lol! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

giphy.gif

Met Eireann are considering downgrading north western counties from red apparently.

• Thanks 1

Posted

As the owner of a business I’d be seriously pixxed of if I had to send everyone home and close unless a very good reason!

Posted
Just now, snowydog said:

I'm going to go stay at my mum and dads a few streets away from you so I feel like I get some action lol! 

Ha ha. Been on and off all morning. 

Posted
Just now, Neiller22 said:

Ha ha. Been on and off all morning. 

Crazy - moved to the snow capital of greater Belfast (Malllusk = siberia jokes) - and we've nada. I'm moving back home for the weekend lol! Asked my mum to send me pics while I'm at work.