Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Look at the map and tell me how this is all RoI red warning, it's just not right. Any how, what's done is done.

image.png

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

Been Snowing in Dublin on and off waiting for the big one to ARRIVE with anticipation. All Southern Ireland under a Red Alert

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Look at the map and tell me how this is all RoI red warning, it's just not right. Any how, what's done is done.

image.png

Parts of Northern Ireland have done way better than a good bit of ROI. At the min it def looks like an overreaction for all of IReland and I get that met eireann are hoping it comes of or serious questions will be asked ref nationwide warning 

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

image.png

Why isnt it right? they have freezing teperatures and some parts of the western seaboard had heavy snow fall over night plus Storm Emma  will be more widespresad Look at the Met Eireann Radar

Edited by DOdo

Posted
2 minutes ago, DOdo said:

Been Snowing in Dublin on and off waiting for the big one to ARRIVE with anticipation. All Southern Ireland under a Red Alert

Yes but only looks like southeast and possible east coast. Rest of Ireland looks in the clear. Going by latest models of course 

Posted

The weather warning is for later on it states that in the forecast text, but the here and now red warning is needed sub zero temps easterly Gale knocking out power all over the country snow laying on ground already in many places no heating i used to work for nie & esb same both sides of the border iv been taking to control managers. 

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

All Aldi stores in Ireland closing at 1pm and will reopen at 5pm tomorrow subject to weather conditions

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yes but only looks like southeast and possible east coast. Rest of Ireland looks in the clear. Going by latest models of course 

If you look at the radar snow has started to spread across to the western seaboard

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

All Aldi stores in Ireland closing at 1pm and will reopen at 5pm tomorrow subject to weather conditions

Most Shops business etc are closing at 1pm. all DART LUAS and  are finished at around  Lunchtime. We have no Bus Services  People over here have been  advised not venture out after 4pm

Edited by DOdo
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, DOdo said:

If you look at the radar snow has started to spread across to the western seaboard

Barely Dodo, hardly life threatening. Any how, it's done now, no point arguing about it.

Meanwhile I am sitting in Belfast City Centre where heavy snow continues to fall and no Red here.

Posted

LOL Still nothing in Newtownabbey - life goes on here! (I'm in a huff lol) - the wind is howling like mad though - bitter! 

4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

That is crazy. No snow where I am. No snow if we even get any from Emma for at least 12 hours. Shops closed, schools closed its just utter bó llox tbh for no reason in my area.  

Edited by BlastFromThePastbuzz

Posted

Just to add to the met ie red warning debate. 

Is it not ridiculous to close schools in places that haven't seen a flake and aren't likely to see a flake.

yes there is always a chance but maybe a yellow or even amber be prepared might be more suitable!

Posted
1 minute ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

That is crazy. No snow where I am. No snow if we even get any from Emma for at least 12 hours. Shops closed, schools closed its just utter scatter cushion tbh for no reason. 

Which ones?

image.thumb.png.5272e3a5618f5ba1cbe7c57e0d858753.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Barely Dodo, hardly life threatening. Any how, it's done now, no point arguing about it.

Meanwhile I am sitting in Belfast City Centre where heavy snow continues to fall and no Red here.

Serious? I'm literally a mile up from City Centre in North Belfast (for work) and there's no snow falling here (though there is a covering from last night here at work - none few miles up the road in Mallusk lol)

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Enjoy!!

Posted
11 minutes ago, booferking said:

The weather warning is for later on it states that in the forecast text, but the here and now red warning is needed sub zero temps easterly Gale knocking out power all over the country snow laying on ground already in many places no heating i used to work for nie & esb same both sides of the border iv been taking to control managers. 

Well let’s hope met Eireann are right as it’s great for everybody but I just can’t see it to be honest 

Posted

out for a walk now and ive never seen conditions like it. unreal windchill and snow blowing into ur eyes. roads are empty exept for an odd tractor. dangerous enough to be out in it and id say it merits at least an orange warning. monaghan town is more or less shut down i hear.

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Serious? I'm literally a mile up from City Centre in North Belfast (for work) and there's no snow falling here (though there is a covering from last night here at work - none few miles up the road in Mallusk lol)

Afraid so, the cut off point is almost through the centre of the City.

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Afraid so, the cut off point is almost through the centre of the City.

That's crazy! I've given up completely now. Looking forward to spring now lol. Everyone else enjoy it while it lasts :)