Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Angies forecast for ni mentioned def looked good for the SE and bbc national news looked good also so still in the game! Just 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Angies forecast for ni mentioned def looked good for the SE and bbc national news looked good also so still in the game! Just 

If it's only showing South East then very good chance won't make it above border and miss north altogether you want to see it reach north coast like it showed at 6pm.

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
7 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yes saw the national forecast and had the snow over the whole of NI Thursday night and later Fri. Here’s hoping ? 

Found a few wee snow grains between the slabs on the patio ? Does that count ??????

Posted
8 minutes ago, booferking said:

If it's only showing South East then very good chance won't make it above border and miss north altogether you want to see it reach north coast like it showed at 6pm.

No it showed it getting half way over north but stayed in se most of time. But of course in could change for worse or better. 

16 minutes ago, booferking said:

I glanced at it earlier. Showed a spell of snow for all then it dies away,  later on it showed a spell moving in to the SE think later Friday that was. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
33 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Loving the good vibes here lads and ladies! Glad you’re all wishing me well with it!!! :-)

Best snow I’ve seen in over 25 years, better than 2010! Tomorrow is supposed to be on a par with 1982. I’ll be snowed in if that’s the case. I have to go to work at 9am on Friday morning, looks like I’ll have to walk to work as it will most likely be un-driveable! Great snowfall again this evening and the bits that melted are all frozen over as it’s currently -3.2.

Yes, it is great,

It just keeps snowing and snowing , nearly white out conditions. - 3.6c.  -10c wind chill here

Edited by John Cox
  • Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

This whole low thing reminds me of the slider in the early season. Was suppose to go north, then trended further south until it avoided us completely.

Different set up though PF, the lack of clarity is not surprising, but I'd expect more certainty from the 00z runs. This is such an unusual set up, the models are struggling.

Near whiteout conditions here again now. I really can't describe how happy I am. That buggering Dublin snow shield has been well and truly dismembered in the last 24 hours! GET SOME!!!!! The dog will have the legs walked off him by Sunday!!!

• Like 6

Posted
16 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

This whole low thing reminds me of the slider in the early season. Was suppose to go north, then trended further south until it avoided us completely.

Not quite the same but likely same outcome we miss out.com

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

fantastic white-out here for 10 minutes .. drifts a little deeper .. car no snow on top but both sides white .. but  ..it's cold . Anyone trying to see a way to a prolonged wintery spell should look at this evenings ECMWF 850's .. remaining firmly in cold enough for snow over N. Ireland for the next 10 days .. I stocked up for my old mum yesterday .. there have been signs that this might last .. one forecast before the weekend gave 75 cm snow for Caledon in the next 10 days .. if it or tonight's come true ..

b.c. 

Posted

fantastic white-out here for 10 minutes .. drifts a little deeper .. car no snow on top but both sides white .. but  ..it's cold . Anyone trying to see a way to a prolonged wintery spell should look at this evenings ECMWF 850's .. remaining firmly in cold enough for snow over N. Ireland for the next 10 days .. I stocked up for my old mum yesterday .. there have been signs that this might last .. one forecast before the weekend gave 75 cm snow for Caledon in the next 10 days .. if it or tonight's come true ..

b.c. 

Posted

as I'm being moderated can I ask who by and why ?  lol .. this one gets posted without having been swallowed .. had written saying how good a white-out we had earlier .. and take a look at the ECMWF 850's .. low enough for a white Ireland for the next 10 days !!!   b.c.

Edited by be cause

Posted

Can anyone explain why the streamer on the north coast starts off light and intensifies as it moves west over land?

• Like 1