Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
4 minutes ago, parrotingfantasist said:

Streamer watch. Eyes on the Scottish streamer, looks like it has its eyes on us

Aye for Northern & Central Antrim/Derry.Nothing for Down again.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Aye for Northern & Central Antrim/Derry.Nothing for Down again.

I'm thinking tomorrows your day as winds swing more easterly. Though admitadly situation does look dire

Posted

watching the bbc forcast our snow chances do look like just taking scotlands leftovers :(

Posted

Big blob incoming to my north, will miss me by about 3 or 4 miles. Hopefully get a wee top up soon, there's a nice covering on the grass and cars. Roads and path are generally clear. I'd imagine anything that falls will stick from now on. The snow earlier was real powdery fluffy snow. Reminiscent of when we used to ski many moons ago!!! 

Posted
Just now, Rocheydub said:

Big blob incoming to my north, will miss me by about 3 or 4 miles. Hopefully get a wee top up soon, there's a nice covering on the grass and cars. Roads and path are generally clear. I'd imagine anything that falls will stick from now on. The snow earlier was real powdery fluffy snow. Reminiscent of when we used to ski many moons ago!!! 

Was a cold day in Dublin today rochey, was snowing just before airport on my way down about 9am. The wind chill up on the roof of tallest building in Ireland was serious. Looks good for you guys end of this week. The guys on site where advised by metE that they expect 10+ cm on Friday morning and for us to advise our site team, apparently if it snows at all contractor shuts site

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Guys I wish you well for the big event

If dublin gets 60cm of snow then it will be historical

The veey best of luck - also elsewhere

@Sperrin 7 inches here / 20cm - closing in on your 12 inches

parts of North kent will be 40cm by end of tonight

Excellent Steve. I’m sure you’re all loving it! We’ve had more than enough snow in NW Ireland this winter so delighted to see other areas take a pummelling. 

Do you think this low pressure system will swing far enough north for us in NI?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

18z taking it west?

C116746A-B703-4E03-8647-A3261A406D32.png

What an impossible low to forecast. Looks absolutely crap for most bar the South East! This is turning in to a right crapfest. Lol. Just cold/dry air. The one reason why I hate Easterlies! Hopefully a surprise or 2 before the end if the week or has the 18z just staggered hime from the pub. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, ronan said:

What an impossible low to forecast. Looks absolutely crap for most bar the South East! This is turning in to a right crapfest. Lol. Just cold/dry air. The one reason why I hate Easterlies! Hopefully a surprise or 2 before the end if the week or has the 18z just staggered hime from the pub. 

Hopefully it’s lit to the tits as it gives us up here nought

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I've been really enjoying the cold dry weather it makes a change from all the wet we've been getting recently.

Posted

Guys you’re a fussy lot, no snow was predicted before now, warnings don’t start til midnight, subzero for the next 3 days at least, showers are already piling in!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Guys you’re a fussy lot, no snow was predicted before now, warnings don’t start til midnight, subzero for the next 3 days at least, showers are already piling in!

My point was there already was snow showers across areas with no warning and looked similar to areas under one. This spell seems just a bit mad to predict. Anything could happen over the coming days snow wise.