Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The cold doesn't reach us until another 6 or 7 days so impossible to tell yet.

The way the models are currently showing, I would expect snow to move across to the West.

Transition day Sunday?

Trying my best to avoid the forum at present, but its hard, really really hard.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Transition day Sunday?

Trying my best to avoid the forum at present, but its hard, really really hard.

Sunday still looking like the day when the colder uppers arrive.

Posted

Still no snow symbols....i’m getting concerned like a few in MOD thread :nonono:

Enjoy tomorrow and Thursday folks as I don’t see temps getting back up to 7 degrees any time soon after.

Snow potential to the end of the run from Monday, but roll on Tuesday based on precipitation chart

D331DFC4-23E1-4A7B-875A-8489E7271A1F.png

D345BAC7-ABE9-4F10-967F-1DE8E4EDF776.gif

Posted

Cold and dry is my normal experience with easterlies but maybe this will be different 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

It's best to worry about precipitation 24 hours out. When those colder uppers push in things will change.

Posted

Frosty start turned into a relatively nice day. Daffodils and snowdrops rearing their head out now in the still relatively desolate garden. Something tells me it'll stay desolate for quite a while..

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Posted

Can someone please summarise chart outputs today. It was my mothers birthday and I had her and her fellow widow chum out for day to Newcastle, exhausted! Who would have thought a day trip with 70-80 year old so exhausting!  I have no energy left  to read Model thread.....

Posted
50 minutes ago, Aliaalu said:

Can someone please summarise chart outputs today. It was my mothers birthday and I had her and her fellow widow chum out for day to Newcastle, exhausted! Who would have thought a day trip with 70-80 year old so exhausting!  I have no energy left  to read Model thread.....

You would need 12 cans of red bull at least to even think about it?. All models agree progressively colder and dry until Monday. Bitterly cold thereafter with snow risk increasing..... obviously models differ at that range but general theme is for cold to last through next week with possible troughs in the flow bringing snow to some..Frost and ice also widespread.....As we get closer to Monday we will have better idea regarding snow distribution but as always, east is best in these situations.  

Edited by Bottled Snow

Posted

Been watching the models for days now.  Haven't really commented.  I never do much with regards to models in case I make an idiot of myself.

But wow omg they are looking amazing. 

18_180_ukthickness850.png

Posted
59 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

All good this morning, just the usual negative moaners in the MOD thread spoiling the mood.

Good....bloody fantastic.....I got my first snow symbol for Tuesday :D

Sunday looking like the start of the white stuff for some based on below from MetO.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Turning progressively colder with a brisk easterly wind making it feel very cold. Mainly dry and bright, but the risk of snow showers in the east by Sunday. Widespread frost.

Posted

My prediction for next week is cold and dry with overnight frost and occasional wintry showers in the east. All over by the following weekend. No snowmaggeddon or ice age... or 2010 though agreed it will be much colder than recently.

Edited by Sparky72
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

My prediction for next week is cold and dry with overnight frost and occasional wintry showers in the east. All over by the following weekend. No snowmaggeddon or ice age... or 2010 though agreed it will be much colder than recently.

What are you basing this prediction on, may I ask?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Cold weather.

What do we think of the chances of snow streamers coming in off the Irish Sea like in 2010 ?? Possible?

Posted
45 minutes ago, Fergie said:

What do we think of the chances of snow streamers coming in off the Irish Sea like in 2010 ?? Possible?

Very possible indeed, as ever, wind direction will determine who get what. I would thinks parts of Louth will do very well.

6z coldest temperature maxes of 3 to 5c, 2 to 5c for the next 8 days. 1c in the far east by day 9. A few days back it was showing sub zero by day Monday. With 2 to 5c you won't see much surviving by day this time of the year. I agree with Sparky re cold and dry some wintry showers in East. 

Edited by BlastFromThePastbuzz

Posted

Havnt posted at all with reference to this easterly because to be honest I’m far from convinced it is going to be that bad at all. As with most easterlies and the reason  we rarely have them is because they generally get watered down, don’t make it here as they are not strong enough or basically hit Europe instead. I still feel regardless what models are showing this will he the form horse. Yes it will get colder but I don’t see bucket loads  of snow or mass blizzards and people being cut off. Clearly I hope I’m wrong as one final blast would be nice but to be frank I’m so looking forward to spring now. But maybe once the phantom will show it’s face but sadly I don’t think that severe an easterly is inbound. 

Posted
44 minutes ago, BlastFromThePastbuzz said:

6z coldest temperature maxes of 3 to 5c, 2 to 5c for the next 8 days. 1c in the far east by day 9. A few days back it was showing sub zero by day Monday. With 2 to 5c you won't see much surviving by day this time of the year. I agree with Sparky re cold and dry some wintry showers in East. 

2m temperatures at day 8 and 9 are rubbish (even at short range they are too) and quite frankly everything at that range is rubbish the FI isn't gospel..