Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

I was purple for the end of tomorrow morning. I’ve had two snow showers so forgive me if I think they are complete nonsense along with the Euro 4 acc charts. From this so called NW I’ve realised to take quite a lot what’s showing with a huge pinch of salt along with the warnings. But I’m not getting into that again. But obviously I hope it’s right for everybody as I woudnt begrudge people snow just because I’ve see naff all. 

• Like 2

Posted

Sat24 still showing ppn coming in from the west, broken up but with temps well down and it being dark still could get a few more cm’s overnight for some

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I was purple for the end of tomorrow morning. I’ve had two snow showers so forgive me if I think they are complete nonsense along with the Euro 4 acc charts. From this so called NW I’ve realised to take quite a lot what’s showing with a huge pinch of salt along with the warnings. But I’m not getting into that again. But obviously I hope it’s right for everybody as I woudnt begrudge people snow just because I’ve see naff all. 

If there was a more Northerly element to these cold blast you guys in the East would have fared much better its a petty we all couldn't join in the fun..

Edited by booferking

Posted
6 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yup, another North Westerly fail. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

If there was a more Northerly element to these cold blast you guys in the East would have fared much better..

Absolutely. NNW would have been great. Just the luck off the draw really and we havnt had the ticket generally last 3 years 

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Neiller I really hope the East gets a real pasting before the winter is out. Fingers crossed it's just around the corner for yous. The showers tonight haven't been big on the radar but I have just been pure lucky today and tonight with the line of the showers. That last hail shower was unreal! It's unfortunate that the showers break up as they head towards the Glenshane. 

Edited by ronan
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, ronan said:

Neiller I really hope the East gets a real pasting before the winter is out. Fingest crossed it's just around the corner for yous. The showers tonight haven't been big on the radar but I have just been pure lucky today and tonight with the line of the showers. That last hail shower was unreal! It's unfortunate that the showers break up as the head towards the Glenshane. 

Hope so but I’m not convinced. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Yup, another North Westerly fail. 

Its just to much of a westerly element to these cold blasts everyone of them the wind direction has been the same rotten luck for you guys hopefully yous get plastered before the end of Feb.

main-feature2.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, ronan said:

Any of these that have been posted recently seem way off the mark?

Usually it shows wonderland charts like that for 4 5 days out. Then downgrades. It is in line with Met Eireann's warning with West Ulster and North Connacht worst hit. I don't think it will be that bad but you never know ha 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, booferking said:

Its just to much of a westerly element to these cold blasts everyone of them the wind direction has been the same rotten luck for you guys hopefully yous get plastered before the end of Feb.

main-feature2.jpg

That’s our last chance but a slim one. These NW’s have been useless for us really 

• Like 1

Posted

Tbh northerlies are awful imby. Wind off the sea gives rain here on the coast and everywhere else gets snow. Westerlies so much better, I’ve lost count of the number of days with lying snow here this year. Always marginal though!

• Like 2

Posted

Amazing though in this tiny little island how such a slight shift in wind direction can affect the weather so geographically on a daily basis. Models still all over the place. Nobody has a clue what’s happening. SSW brain melt 

unfortunately due to wind direction every single shower heading to me has to go over lough neagh and it has basically eaten and swallowed every single shower since this morning with ease. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
26 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Tbh northerlies are awful imby. Wind off the sea gives rain here on the coast and everywhere else gets snow. Westerlies so much better, I’ve lost count of the number of days with lying snow here this year. Always marginal though!

Seen reports of snow on the immediate West Coast this weekend. Unusual for pretty much a Westerly. 

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

This would be perfect for you guys in the East fingers toes crossed surely a record breaking SSW along with low sunspots has to deliver something special like chart below.:cold-emoji:

Screenshot_20180211-233708.png

You would think 

• Like 1

Posted

Class Ronan. A lot of professionals tonight on tv and web sites saying the easterly is gaining quick momentum now and models should start to show it pretty quickly. Stating late feb early March could feel like mid winter so I might actually see lying snow proper!  

Posted
3 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Class Ronan. A lot of professionals tonight on tv and web sites saying the easterly is gaining quick momentum now and models should start to show it pretty quickly. Stating late feb early March could feel like mid winter so I might actually see lying snow proper!  

I hope your right bud. I am off to Iceland tomorrow for a week. Major winter storm there the past 2 days and most of the roads were closed and are still closed. All inbound and outbound flights have been cancelled.  Just hope there isn't a knock on effect tomorrow.