Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

hopefully it will look like this on Sunday evening in Wicklow Mountains :rofl:

wicklow mountains sunday.jpg

ww.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
28 minutes ago, ronan said:

Latest BBC forecast mentioned WINTER PROPER on Sunday. I hope she's right!

That’s a big statement from them as warning only goes up to 11am. Is no snow expected after that because warning is a bit wishy washy to be fair. Glad everybody appears to have got a bit of snow last night. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

That’s a big statement from them as warning only goes up to 11am. Is no snow expected after that because warning is a bit wishy washy to be fair. Glad everybody appears to have got a bit of snow last night. 

It certainly is a big statement. From what I can gather the main snow will be through the afternoon, evening and overnight. Warning probably extended tomorrow morning.

Posted
1 hour ago, Weegaz said:

Easterly still looks good, pushed out now from 19th to 24th Feb :wallbash:

Is it? Easterly is showing on the ECM at Day 9.

I wouldn't get hung up on individual GFS runs.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
14 minutes ago, ronan said:

It certainly is a big statement. From what I can gather the main snow will be through the afternoon, evening and overnight. Warning probably extended tomorrow morning.

Cool havnt had a chance to look at any models yet so that warning is hopefully the  apetiser before the main course then. Seeet. Let’s see what happens then. Are the models still showing lots of cold zonality before the phantom easterly. 

Posted
27 minutes ago, ronan said:

Haven't even looked. The only models I have been looking at is the ones for Iceland! Roll on Monday. Lol

Lucky sod. Enjoy 

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Glad everybody appears to have got a bit of snow last night. 

Ahem! Dublin snow shield here! :-)

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Ahem! Dublin snow shield here! :-)

Did u not have any luck? Hopefully latter part of weekend you might get a bit. If the easterly comes off  you could have the last laugh though. Good things come to those who wait and all that. :cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

Did u not have any luck? Hopefully latter part of weekend you might get a bit. If the easterly comes off  you could have the last laugh though. Good things come to those who wait and all that. :cold:

No luck here either, just a few flakes on the car etc this morning. My thoughts are all on the aftermath of the ssw. Pm air isn't really worth jack s**t for my location.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, sundog said:

No luck here either, just a few flakes on the car etc this morning. My thoughts are all on the aftermath of the ssw. Pm air isn't really worth jack s**t for my location.

But an easterly will be with all that convection of the Irish Sea. You will be in prime position. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Yes any type of beasterly if we were to get one would suit me. Although my fav wind direction for cold and snow has always been a north easterly. So we will see what transpires later this month.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

One warning at a time me thinks Sunday should be widespread snowy day for all.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, booferking said:

One warning at a time me thinks Sunday should be widespread snowy day for all.

:cold: hope so 

Posted

Only a very slight dusting to be fair, seemed very localised as well some of the hills round here haven't got anything. Sunday looking good and we've got security lights up now to catch the flakes.

20180209_175247.jpg

Posted

Belmont in Belfast here. Heavy snow last night but didn't lie. Another night of very poor sleep and me curtain twitching all night.  I'm worse than a child on Christmas Eve if there's snow remotely forecast.

our time will come in the East.

Posted

If you go by BBC newsline weather for later Sat night and Sunday Im afraid it doesn't look to snow with just the odd shower going through. Not that i have much faith in their forecast mind you as they got Thurs night completely wrong and it is so hard to follow their new graphics. Lets see what happens. Having siad that it would tie in with the met warning finishing at 11am.