Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Well I think I’m going to stop stopping by this thread. I know I don’t contribute a lot but the tone has turned very sour by certain people. Sad really. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
15 minutes ago, ronan said:

Chucking it down here again!!

Same here started as big flakes now it's powder.

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, gingercat said:

Well I think I’m going to stop stopping by this thread. I know I don’t contribute a lot but the tone has turned very sour by certain people. Sad really. 

Hopefully past that now gingercat, would be great to have you contributing with photos of snow and updates from your location and your views on weather going forward.

Posted
17 minutes ago, gingercat said:

I personally just scroll past the usual suspects or there's the ignore button.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Hopefully past that now gingercat, would be great to have you contributing with photos of snow and updates from your location and your views on weather going forward.

Thanks Weegaz :) 

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I personally just scroll past the usual suspects or there's the ignore button.

Thanks for the tip! I will make use of the ignore button. 

N Belfast / SE Antrim here, a light dusting this morning. Nothing too exciting! 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, gary1365 said:

That shower is just passed now left a few cm. 

We're on course for a direct hit here from it gary.

Looks quite intense still also.

Edited by Weegaz

Posted
9 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Weather warning for Sunday not very positive!

Its a start and it does say with some snow to low levels too particularly across Northern Ireland, also its only valid for a 11hr period, Sunday afternoon onwards looks snowier 

Snow & ice between Sun 00:05 and Sun 11:00

Edited by booferking

Posted
53 minutes ago, gingercat said:

Thanks for the tip! I will make use of the ignore button. 

N Belfast / SE Antrim here, a light dusting this morning. Nothing too exciting! 

I’m prob not far from you Gingercat. I’m working in North Belfast - just down from Cavehill but I live up over the back of cavehill in Mallusk. 

The roads in my area were bad this morning and the hightown Road was dodgy also - normally with a lift dusting overnight that road isn’t too bad with the grit and other cars - but I suspect gritting wasn’t done until early hours of this morning after it snowed as it’s on top of the snow and as it was so cold this morning the back road just froze solid - wasn’t even slushy with the cars. Probably ok now. 

Took my car a while to defrost enough to let the windscreen wipers move - snow that fell turned to solid ice. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

It just keeps coming here. 

20180209_105516.jpg

Can't see much of that washing on the line getting dried today ronan :D

Good to see your getting a bit (as always), showers dying out before reaching here.

Posted
14 minutes ago, ronan said:

It just keeps coming here. 

20180209_105516.jpg

Fantastic! By time those showers you're getting reach here - there's just the tiniest little whiff of a flurry in the air. 

• Like 1

Posted

Great pictures, keep them coming! Clear blue skies here, but very cold!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Weegaz said:

Sunday still looks of interest on the GFS

prectypeuktopo (4).png

uksnowrisk.png

Good grief, I’d love the GFS snow predictions charts to be true, we’re all in the firing line with that chart!!!

Posted
1 hour ago, snowydog said:

I’m prob not far from you Gingercat. I’m working in North Belfast - just down from Cavehill but I live up over the back of cavehill in Mallusk. 

The roads in my area were bad this morning and the hightown Road was dodgy also - normally with a lift dusting overnight that road isn’t too bad with the grit and other cars - but I suspect gritting wasn’t done until early hours of this morning after it snowed as it’s on top of the snow and as it was so cold this morning the back road just froze solid - wasn’t even slushy with the cars. Probably ok now. 

Took my car a while to defrost enough to let the windscreen wipers move - snow that fell turned to solid ice. 

Hi Snowydog yes you’re very near me! I work in N Belfast too but live near Carnmoney Village. It’s always treacherous up round there and on the Hightown Rd. I wouldn’t fancy the Horseshoe Bend in this weather! Stay safe xo 

• Like 1

Posted
Posted

Plenty of precipitation possible on Sunday however mainly in the form of showers, which during daylight hours will be interspersed with spells of sunshine so I don't think there'll be much opportunity for any build up of lying snow unless you have height.