Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

It's not heated on my behalf at all. I just question people with no qualifications at all in meteorology slagging off the fine educated and intelligent professionals in our met services. No right to and no need to. Marginal is a word often bandied about on the MOD thread, and this one was predicted to be on the warmer side of marginal, but hey ho, the NWP models got it wrong. The professionals are guided by their own models too. The mud slinging (I feel) is out of order, and I called it thus.

Again, it's not heated at all.

• Like 3

Posted

The snow showers for this evening weren't on the warmer side of marginal,thats wrong. It was a ridiculous forecast to say mostly of rain in the NW when it was snowing outside at sea level when they issued it.  And continued to do so across the NW wherever there was shower activity. That's my point. So I have every right to criticise a forecast when it was blatantly bizarre, it wasn't s a forecast for days ahead. It was what was currently happening. Apparently you need a degree in meteorology to point out they didn't know their a r sé from their elbow this evening. 

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted

Think the point has been clearly made about the warnings etc. Time to move on and see what's in store for us next. No point dwelling on what could have been. Don't want our wee Ireland thread turning in to the model thread. 

• Like 1

Posted

Fair enough, no one or no thing is above criticism. Pointing out they're wrong and you get some shyt about how dare you, you don't have a degree in meteorology so keep your mouth shut. Hate that sycophantic shyt. I don't remember it happening when the Met office were wrong to go Amber northern Ireland wide a couple of weeks ago and we couldn't understand it, we were right. Similar tonight. Although met office said snow across NI for this evening so they certainly didn't see it on the warmer side of marginal as previously mentioned. 

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted
27 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

Fair enough, no one or no thing is above criticism. Pointing out they're wrong and you get some shyt about how dare you, you don't have a degree in meteorology so keep your mouth shut. Hate that sycophantic shyt. I don't remember it happening when the Met office were wrong to go Amber northern Ireland wide a couple of weeks ago and we couldn't understand it, we were right. Similar tonight. Although met office said snow across NI for this evening so they certainly didn't see it on the warmer side of marginal as previously mentioned. 

Going a wee bit far there to be honest. If there is an issue with a member then PM them or report them. Don't clog in here up with bit**ING.  Am signing out till Sunday. 

• Like 1

Posted

1 minute ago, ronan said:

Going a wee bit far there to be honest. If there is an issue with a member then PM them or report them. Don't clog in here up with bit**ING.  Am signing out till Sunday. 

Why didn't he pm me to begin with then. And since when did you become a moderator. Good luck. Heaven forbid you say a forecast was wrong. Didn't think it would lead to such delicate reactions. 

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted

Ahem good morning folks, just to report that we have lying snow outside. Roads will be treacherous this morning me thinks. Anyway no need for name calling unless I have time wrapped back to the 80's primary school yard ? I would hate to see what this place would be like if we had no snow at all this winter (apart from empty). 

• Like 1

Posted

Cracking frost and a wee bit of snow this morning, take care out.

Models firming  up on proper bitter cold spell in a couple of weeks.

Before then, unsettled with polar maritime air, so the continued risk f frost and wintry precipitation. 

Posted

Thursday night into Friday and Sunday looking like the next days to get this forum back on track with regard to snow chances, based on GFS.

I haven't had a nosey in the MOD thread in a day or 2, is there potential there MS?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Thursday night into Friday and Sunday looking like the next days to get this forum back on track with regard to snow chances, based on GFS.

I haven't had a nosey in the MOD thread in a day or 2, is there potential there MS?

Potential is there. Fairly swift response in the troposphere look likely after the SSW begins in 5 or 6 days time.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Roads were hectic this morn at 0530 coming to work so be careful out there. I'm wondering if today might produce a little front edge snow briefly for a few. Thurs night into fri and sunday do look good but once again I think this will be a west based affair  again but who knows. Mod thread still predicting the Easterly.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Roads were hectic this morn at 0530 coming to work so be careful out there. I'm wondering if today might produce a little front edge snow briefly for a few. Thurs night into fri and sunday do look good but once again I think this will be a west based affair  again but who knows. Mod thread still predicting the Easterly.

I still think there is a chance of an easterly within the next 20-25 years. :sorry:

Main road around here are well salted and causing now issues, but the side roads are like a skating rink.

The front is pushing into NI now from the west, pink areas expanding, could get another wee dusting, showers popping up to the rear of it also, another interesting day

Posted

Lovely crisp morning, mind you only 2cm’s of snow, I demanded 2 foot :nonono:

Posted
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

Radar showing some snow out west. Anybody getting any?

Should be more snow the further east it pushes, here's hoping anyway.

Posted

If we can keep the cold air locked in today the PPN moving west to east could bring moderate falls to places.

The radar showing PPN pushing in now quite constant.  Warmer air must be also be moving in as the pinks are turning to greens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just rain here in Omagh, although it's barely even a drizzle.

Posted

Snowing here in Antrim. Very very lightly.

We went for a wee fly today in the fields near us.  Nice few cm's here from yesterday/last night.   Nothing to write home about but nice to see.

DJI_0068.JPG

Edited by jello

Posted

Drizzle at the moment, slow thaw in progress. Everything white in Shantallow anyway. Most snow to survive the night so far this year, great to look at.

Also did anyone open any windows? I smell a lot of MOD air in here.