Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

chucking down now, starting to settle in titanic quarter

Posted

Think everybody should make most of ur showers that they are gettin I just can’t for the life of me get where this snow is coming from this evening. The radar is dying a death instead of perking  up. But I’m certainly no meteorologist but I just can’t see it. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Think everybody should make most of ur showers that they are gettin I just can’t for the life of me get where this snow is coming from this evening. The radar is dying a death instead of perking  up. But I’m certainly no meteorologist but I just can’t see it. 

The forecast was to die off now and pick up again around 8 or 9ish. Nothing too bad expected though.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

where are people getting that its gona snow this evening, the bbc website for belfast shows it dry the rest of the night after this shower

Posted
5 minutes ago, Hegzyy said:

where are people getting that its gona snow this evening, the bbc website for belfast shows it dry the rest of the night after this shower

Well, there are a few showers showing on the GFS 12z just out and the Arpege too. Nothing troublesome though.

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Well, there are a few showers showing on the GFS 12z just out and the Arpege too. Nothing troublesome though.

I could predict more accurate showers than the gfs lol even tho euro4 is usually wide of the mark, over-doing  it with shower activity

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Next decent chance of snow after this evening is Saturday night through Sunday as we pick up another potent North Westerly.

Late thurs night and fri morning looks quite good as well in fairness

Just had very heavy 10 min shower there and everywhere was going white until it stopped!’ 

Posted

It's a pity we didn't get more shower activity today, everything that fell today was 100% snow. Temperatures would have hovered around freezing in frequent showers. Yesterday the Met office changed their snow warning today, downgraded it. It had been on the moderate side of the bar as shown below. Subtle changes make a big difference even when it's a yellow warning. 5 different types of yellow warnings. Once you make it to the second bar, it's almost always good. First bar can deliver too but less likely.  Always worth looking at. 

IMG_20180206_162220.png

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted
18 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Late thurs night and fri morning looks quite good as well in fairness

Just had very heavy 10 min shower there and everywhere was going white until it stopped!’ 

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted

Quoting messed up. For that warning it's on the lowest tier of likelihood and impacts. Will be changes to the text and maybe impact prediction tomorrow before 12pm so worth keeping an eye on. Sunday looks great on automatic FC for what it's worth. 

Thursday/Friday warning

IMG_20180206_163448.png

Posted
24 minutes ago, ronan said:

Heaviest snow of the day yet and instantly lying!! Massive big flakes! If only things would beef up a bit more on the radar!

20180206_170103.jpg

Yes. This is my point and what’s beginning to really rile me time and time again. These warnings are being fired out at such a rapid rate yet any model isn’t really backing up these so called frequent showers. Where are they? And they don’t look like coming. If a couple of showers warrant these type of warnings it’s becoming a laughing stock to be honest. But hey ho they are the pro’s. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

From Facebook. Around this area took the brunt of the shower I just had. Outside letterkenny. 

IMG_20180206_180141.png

Cool. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

From Facebook. Around this area took the brunt of the shower I just had. Outside letterkenny. 

IMG_20180206_180141.png

You definitely took the brunt of it. Derry was just on the edge of it and got a slight covering on the grass and cars. Any further showers should lye. 

Edited by ronan