Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
17 minutes ago, carboncowboy75 said:

So the radar has been red above ny house for 20mins and nothin yet.... must b a long way down lol

Net Weather radar and Met Eireann radar says it is snowing here in south Kilkenny  for last half hour and not a flake yet either.....can see why Met Eireann have changed latest forecast update from snow to snow flurries....front is dying a death as it moves east it seems 

Edited by Bottled Snow

Posted

finally snowing south belfast, smallest flakes ive ever seen, like frost coming out of the sky haha

Posted
30 minutes ago, Bottled Snow said:

Net Weather radar and Met Eireann radar says it is snowing here in south Kilkenny  for last half hour and not a flake yet either.....can see why Met Eireann have changed latest forecast update from snow to snow flurries....front is dying a death as it moves east it seems 

Finally light snow now falling here in Kilkenny...might get a dusting / light covering 

Posted

Precipitation been over me last 30 mins but not one flake of snow. Quite comical really. Dry as a bone outside 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Precipitation been over me last 30 mins but not one flake of snow. Quite comical really. Dry as a bone outside 

Lol, strange ole night neiller. We need another system to move in laidan with moisture about now

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Tiny flakes now.

Looks like the front is intensifying after its crossed us.

Bloody typical.

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Tiny flakes now.

Looks like the front is intensifying after its crossed us.

Bloody typical.

Yep. We ain’t getting much luck here in east at mo. Bound to change sometime! :D:D

Posted
Just now, Neiller22 said:

Yep. We ain’t getting much luck here in east at mo. Bound to change sometime! :D:D

We're expecting the models to predict an Easterly in two weeks but they can't predict snow an hour before it's meant to happen.

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

We're expecting the models to predict an Easterly in two weeks but they can't predict snow an hour before it's meant to happen.

Yeah I know. It’s a bit of a joke to be honest. Warnings out for tomorrow and weds morn but to be fair I think I will just ignore them from now on. 

Posted

Snowing moderately here now, instantly sticking as surfaces are dry and cold enough. Not a covering yet, but if the intensity gets higher as expected, then we could have a fun night. Dog and lead at the ready!!! Can of beer gone into fridge for midnight walk!

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Snowing moderately here now, instantly sticking as surfaces are dry and cold enough. Not a covering yet, but if the intensity gets higher as expected, then we could have a fun night. Dog and lead at the ready!!! Can of beer gone into fridge for midnight walk!

May as well put the beer in the snow. Lol

Posted
15 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

If it keeps snowing the way it is here at the minute MS, in 2 weeks time i’ll have an inch in the ground :rofl:

Posted

Wonder could this have beaten the record for the slowest ever moving front....or is it the antipication and let down that has contributed to these thoughts 

Hopefully some heavy showers pop up overnight now a skiff has set a base

Posted

A mix of Snizzle and Slizzle here now. Everything that had settled has melted. Wasn't expecting proper snow until after 11 and a lot closer to 12 so not too disappointed. Midnight is too close to bed time for comfort. I can hear the dog whimpering in disappointment at he flake size!!!!

Posted

I knew it wasn't going to amount to much when I saw how light it was. Had the lightest sleet earlier in the day, then spat tiny bits of snow. Covering on the higher roads that's about it. 

Edited by Sneachtastorm