Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
27 minutes ago, ronan said:

It's just like a switch has been turned off in here tonight. Haven't been in the model thread in 5 days. Time to head in there and catch up on what's happening.

There's nothing happening for a couple of weeks at least.

Posted

amazed at how much snowcover we have retained. more or less full cover still and frozen solid. 4 days of laying snow for the second time this winter. sunday is gonna be like a funeral when it all melts.

• Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, BIG LAD said:

amazed at how much snowcover we have retained. more or less full cover still and frozen solid. 4 days of laying snow for the second time this winter. sunday is gonna be like a funeral when it all melts.

Shovel some of that snow in to your freezer tomorrow..... to remind you of the glory days, when we have blow torch south westerlies for next few weeks?? I have a Nov 2010 snowball still intact in mine ? 

Edited by Bottled Snow

Posted
2 hours ago, ronan said:

I still haven't been in for a nosey. Are the models still showing the chances of HLB? Any sign of an SSW? 

2 x No= Nono

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

2 x No= Nono

Signs for push of heights towards greenland on gefs has been building i would say 12-13 ens go for it and there is some very potent northerlys in the mix -10 to -12 850s.

Few below there are many more northerlys, northerlys been the form horse this year but they still take about easterlys in the mad thread?? it's turned into the South Eastern thread won't be near it for sometime a lot of sh..t ? talk in there nothing about what the models are showing can't stand that thread at the minute and they all get away with the sh..t? talk.

Screenshot_20180120-011115.png

Screenshot_20180120-011133.png

Screenshot_20180120-011157.png

Screenshot_20180120-011221.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Also last beeb forecast says good possibility that the front could push right into northern Ireland tomorrow with possible 3-4cm snow any you seen the last video forecast?

High uncertainty with the outcome mentioned. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, booferking said:

Also last beeb forecast says good possibility that the front could push right into northern Ireland tomorrow with possible 3-4cm snow any you seen the last video forecast?

High uncertainty with the outcome mentioned. 

Just watched it there. How can they be so uncertain 6 hours out. If anything it will be southern counties that may see a bit of snow.

Posted
1 minute ago, ronan said:

Just watched it there. How can they be so uncertain 6 hours out. If anything it will be southern counties that may see a bit of snow.

I don't know crazy really to think that they cant be certain 6hrs out he did mention a good likely hood could push right into northern Ireland can't see it tho.

Posted

That's where I am confused. The front doesn't look like it pushes north at all on the forecast. It's certainly cold enough for snow. Reports around Derry of dangerous road conditions after the rain and sleet earlier has completely frozen over.

Posted
4 minutes ago, booferking said:

I don't know crazy really to think that they cant be certain 6hrs out he did mention a good likely hood could push right into northern Ireland can't see it tho.

Usually always the way with snow and wind storms I've noticed. Always hard for them to nail it down unless it's an exceptional event in coming 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, ronan said:

That's where I am confused. The front doesn't look like it pushes north at all on the forecast. It's certainly cold enough for snow. Reports around Derry of dangerous road conditions after the rain and sleet earlier has completely frozen over.

It's mental in cookstown paths roads are like bottles very dangerous.