Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Tentative signs for HLB boy would i love the holy grail for Feb.

Snowing away here again

20180119_090015.jpg

Yes give it a week and I think the signs for something really good are going to start to appear. End of jan start of feb could be very good. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yes give it a week and I think the signs for something really good are going to start to appear. End of jan start of feb could be very good. 

Looks like the trough is dying before it reaches us.

Posted

Was woken at about 4.30 this morning as we come under attack from stone throwers.....a look out the window confirmed it was massive hail beating off the window.

place is white this morning with hail stones, would be a good base if we could get some snow but to close to the sea and only 6ft alltitude here.

Posted
13 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Yeah I’m not expecting anything here in the east today to be fair or much of Northern Ireland away from west and  Northwest,  though angies  forecast looked the opposite of what’s happening. It showed showers all moving near westerly and it was hitting east as well but they are far more NW moving. Strange forecast from them. Ah well I can’t really complain as it’s been good snowise t so far. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

That squall line that moved through there was absolutely fantastic. Heaviest snow by far all week! 

I underestimated snow level from looking out. Haven't got a tape measure but I can't be far of the magic 1ft in some areas.

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

That squall line that moved through there was absolutely fantastic. Heaviest snow by far all week! 

I underestimated snow level from looking out. Haven't got a tape measure but I can't be far of the magic 1ft in some areas.

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

Quality stuff!! Winter wonderland!

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

Haha quality stuff.:D

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

fantastic!! That shower died a death by the time it reached here - just a few flakes in the wind :sorry:

Posted
32 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Snowing here now MS but no more than a bad case of dandruff!! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Snowageddan heading your way going by the radar

No that big blob is just to the south of me. I got the Saturday night left overs I’m afraid. ! 

Posted

Cant see much more coming out of this one today but i have to say pretty happy have 4 inches snow on the grass this year has been good to us so far alot better than the last few lets see what Feb holds for us could be the icing on the cake HLB.:)

Posted
14 minutes ago, booferking said:

Cant see much more coming out of this one today but i have to say pretty happy have 4 inches snow on the grass this year has been good to us so far alot better than the last few lets see what Feb holds for us could be the icing on the cake HLB.:)

Yeah I think todsy is a bust. Showers far to short at the moment so I think angie needs to be told what prolonged means. The weather warning should be  removed now because it’s msking a mockery of 3-7 cm of snow in low lying areas for today. Comical. Place is soaking now so unless it snows for next 4 hrs it won’t le here that’s for sure. But glad west and NW doing well. But I do long for a NE/E over in this neck of woods. Been a long time a must winters if late are coming from the NW

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
11 minutes ago, booferking said:

That was strange just had the heaviest shower of this spell white out conditions even tho radar had it missing me looks like it added about 1cm or more in 15 mins.

Nice one. Hope they keep coming for you. Should do going by the radar. Njoy. 

Posted

Yes!!!! Weather warning out now for Sunday too!! 

But it’s rain! :rofl:

bet they get this warning right ok compared to today’s non event and bxxxs up! 

• Like 1

Posted

Im surprised it's so quiet, surely more people are getting snow? We're getting totally plastered here again! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Im surprised it's so quiet, surely more people are getting snow? We're getting totally plastered here again! 

Aye, but it's just you. Nought in the East.

Nout in Derry either. Just had a shower'a rain come by most of the dusting that came this morn washed away again. Big blob coming in.. time will tell

Posted
29 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Aye, but it's just you. Nought in the East.

Yes a shocking call by the experts stating showers would be hitting the east throughout the day. Iv had one light snow shower and this warrants a yellow warning for over here. Diabolical ! Only because people may have seen this and altered plans going on the warning. It’s been blue sky’s literally since I woke up. I will be taking warnings ref snow with a pinch of salt from now on. Yes possible for the NW but even I think that’s extreme. Aanyhow I’m off into town later so st least I will get there but wasn’t sure yest when they issued this idiotic warning. !! Right rant over it’s nearly beer o’clock. :D

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted

Bit silly for the East is right.

Some serious shower activity moving into far NW, looks like it might just miss me.

edit: showers look to be merging as they're moving inland

Edited by Sperrin

Posted

Yes nothing really moving past nw at min apart from yourself who seem to have hit the jackpot with every shower. :D

Edited by Neiller22