Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
9 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yeah met office update def not as good. This is going wrong way as we get nearer the time. Ah well. 

Just for the East. Looks great in the west. Sort of a reversal of Tuesday, thanks to the lighter winds.  She did mention a band of snow showers making there across all parts in the morning. 

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted
36 minutes ago, Sneachtastorm said:

Just for the East. Looks great in the west. Sort of a reversal of Tuesday, thanks to the lighter winds.  She did mention a band of snow showers making there across all parts in the morning. 

O I still think the east will get loads of snow showers it was just the mention of snow often turning to rain at low levels. That’s for the red I’m afraid so that’s a downgrade for everyone tomorrow afternoon as all snow that lies will be gone by evening. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
13 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

While, we're waiting. If anyone wants to calculate snow chance, I use this site: http://www.sciencebits.com/SnowProbCalc?calc=yes

It is incredibly accurate, and pretty much always turns to snow once the percentage hits 70%. At the moment for me it is 10%.

Ooh thanks for that........showing 70% here.......just a shame not many blobs about lol

Posted

3 minutes ago, sabriel said:

Ooh thanks for that........showing 70% here.......just a shame not many blobs about lol

Not a problem! Risen to 20% here lol.

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted

Steady showers here today and getting quite wintry but just like last night the ground is saturated. Hopefully turn to snow again later. It's certainly feeling a lot colder today!

Posted
6 minutes ago, ronan said:

Steady showers here today and getting quite wintry but just like last night the ground is saturated. Hopefully turn to snow again later. It's certainly feeling a lot colder today!

Dry as a bone over here in the east so if the showers are of snow straight away that will be great. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just home from work. Was in Holywell hospital and had a fascinating drive. The biggest eye opener was how defined the snow line was. We've tons of snow and it was on the ground from home through Cookstown to Magherafelt. There was still approx two inches on the ground at the top of the bypass (Moneymore side) and literally nothing when you got to the other side of the bypass at the Castledawson roundabout. 

Altitude the key player these past few days.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

O I still think the east will get loads of snow showers it was just the mention of snow often turning to rain at low levels. That’s for the red I’m afraid so that’s a downgrade for everyone tomorrow afternoon as all snow that lies will be gone by evening. 

I see what you mean but was always expected. The snow last night thawed from a ground thaw because it was so wet over here and didn't freeze after it fell. So with lower temperatures tonight it'll set better and have more resistance tomorrow. Sleety in the afternoon, so just a couple of ropey hours ha. Still have patchy snow cover btw

Edited by Sneachtastorm

Posted
Just now, booferking said:

Last NI bbc weather looked great even mention of blizzard in the wind.:)

Where did u see that? Has it updated from lunchtime 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
35 minutes ago, booferking said:

Yea go on BBC website updated 20 mins ago.:)

Looks deadly Boofer,

• Like 1