Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

1 hour ago, ronan said:

Still patches left but most completely gone. I think it was actually melting last night as it was falling. Lol

Lol I was astounded by that last night the snow was disappearing while It was falling lmao. Couldn't make it up

34 minutes ago, ronan said:

Excellent stuff. Another wee suprise on the way tonight maybe!:cold:

Looks like another one for those on the east though. windward coasts and west could see little..

Posted
34 minutes ago, ronan said:

Excellent stuff. Another wee suprise on the way tonight maybe!:cold:

46 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

At low levels, parts of the warning area will see 3-7 cm of snow but some places near the west coast will see very little.

I think that means we won't see much again. I see this as being a repeat of Mon/Tue.

cant complain about last night though (apart from the fact it's melted now)

Posted
7 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Looks like another one for those on the east though. windward coasts and west could see little..

Well u can’t complain us  getting in the act later on and tomorrow. We had our 6 hrs of heavy rain last night while you guys out west got hammered! ??

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

Actually Neiller, it was just the hills thatgot hammered. I had sleet and wet snow all night.

It's not fair to say that we got loads of snow.

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

Actually Neiller, it was just the hills thatgot hammered. I had sleet and wet snow all night.

It's not fair to say that.

You still got snow then?? we had rain all night long and lots of it. Least u got to see it fall. But I can’t complain as iv seen a good few snow falls this year and by looks of it another round coming tonight. Sweet. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

Police stopping people from going up my road because of snow. It's raining here lol.

I had rain this morning but rain shower turning to sleet at min here in the east. Hopefully each shower later will turn increasingly to snow here on it. Hopefully late afternoon as better chance of lying then 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
4 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

Police stopping people from going up my road because of snow. It's raining here lol.

You sure it's for snow? Could be an operation to detain you under the mental health act, post traumatic snow disorder? Could be a pertinent diagnosis considering your stress levels last night :D

• Like 1

Posted
38 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Lol I was astounded by that last night the snow was disappearing while It was falling lmao. Couldn't make it up

It was just too marginal for low levels and that's that.

For snow to really last you need about -1c, we had 0.5c.

Posted
Just now, Nqp15h said:

I agree Sparky, only hill event.

Are u talking about tonight and tomorrow. ? If so I disagree because  it certainly won’t just be a hill event. Snow will fall to near sea level altitude inland. Granted yes it probably will be rain or sleet on the immediate coasts especially in the west but everywhere else is looking great. But as always it’s in the form of showers so some will get plastered others won’t. Basically luck if the draw. But dull it won’t be. I’m looking forward to it but if doesn’t happen so be it and we move on to next attempt whenever that maybe 

Posted

Well after having looked at the EURO4, it does look like conditions become conductive for snow this evening and through tonight and tomorrow.

Some low level snow is possible. And by low level I mean sea level, not 100metres. 

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted
Just now, Nqp15h said:

Well after having looked at the EURO4, it does look like conditions become conductive for snow this evening and through tonight and tomorrow.

Some low level snow is possible.

It sure is 

Posted
50 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

Just saying that Sperrin and Biglad don't represent the west, they're at high elevation.

Heavy rain and 2c now.

Cookstown is 74m above sea level and we had 3inches or more last night i got very lucky last night by sounds of it.

Posted
8 minutes ago, booferking said:

Cookstown is 74m above sea level and we had 3inches or more last night i got very lucky last night by sounds of it.

Just goes to show you if you have that little bit of decent altitude it helps.  

Edited by Neiller22

It really has been a cruel few days. No snow on Tuesday until the evening, by then it had melted overnight. Same story last night too. Only hope my snow fix would be  tonight though yet again not hopeful, only the east seem to be doing well for tomorrow night lol

EDIT: But I have to say the east really did get pasted this time around nice to see the pics.

Edited by Guest

Posted
4 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

It really has been a cruel few days. No snow on Tuesday until the evening, by then it had melted overnight. Same story last night too. Only hope my snow fix would be  tonight though yet again not hopeful, only the east seem to be doing well for tomorrow night lol

EDIT: But I have to say the east really did get pasted this time around nice to see the pics.

I think u will do all right 

Posted

Did it though? From what I can see most of the posters in County Down etc are at high elevation.

There is no snow in Belfast or Bangor is there?

Edited by Nqp15h