Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
11 minutes ago, ronan said:

Just looked again. Next area of precip looks to be missing here too. Lol. I hope some of you gets plastered in snow tonight. Next up is tomorrows nights event then by the look of things it's game over for another couple of weeks.

Has the weather warning for thurs and fri been cancelled?

Posted
Just now, Neiller22 said:

Has the weather warning for thurs and fri been cancelled?

Awk I know what your saying. Yes it's still there but I can't see much coming from them warnings. There was no need for an Amber warning for most areas of NI tonight. In my opinion the stained glass windowed up!!

Posted
14 minutes ago, snowydog said:

*She ??

Any in Castlereagh? I remember years ago when I joined I figured from one of you’re pics (prob 2013’s snow) that you lived few streets away from me. Then I moved to Mallusk last year, though my parents still live in the Castlereagh Hills. 

Loads in the castlereagh hills to be fair. We have done very well out of this to be fair 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I think we're back to snow again it's turning white again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
1 minute ago, ronan said:

And it's rain here :wallbash::fool:

Ah here don't tell me that. I take cues on what's coming my way from your direction :D

Posted
8 minutes ago, ronan said:

Awk I know what your saying. Yes it's still there but I can't see much coming from them warnings. There was no need for an Amber warning for most areas of NI tonight. In my opinion the stained glass windowed up!!

Took me two hrs to get to work tonight ronan and there were cars and vans lying everywhere. M2 near Moira was at a standstill for hrs and with motorway out of Belfast to Glegormly was at a standstill. Rural rds at one point were impassable so its been poor enough here. And its still snowing on and off. 

Posted

I think the wind is a big problem in this.It's just been raining over me at 1c for 20 minutes, if the wind were to stop, the temperature could drop.

But really disappointed, I thought we were sure to get a decent covering from this, not another hill event.

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted
4 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Took me two hrs to get to work tonight ronan and there were cars and vans lying everywhere. M2 near Moira was at a standstill for hrs and with motorway out of Belfast to Glegormly was at a standstill. Rural rds at one point were impassable so its been poor enough here. And its still snowing on and off. 

Yes, so basically another hill event. Par for the course lately.

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted

If this front is the warm sector then it better p**s off soon. Everything melting here and yes I think the wind has a big part to play tonight!! It's blowing a hooley out there!!

Edited by ronan

Posted
2 minutes ago, ronan said:

If this front is the warm sector then it better p**s off soon. Everything melting here and yes I think the wind has a big part to play tonight!! It's blowing a hooley out they!!

Yep, the temperature is steady at 1.1c lol. Bloody gale force winds.

• Like 1

Posted

The warm sector is even larger on the 18Z EURO4.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201801161800&VAR=th85&HH=6&ARCHIV=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=&WMO=

On the plus side, the low is further north.

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Snowing heavily again here. 

Glad to see that it made it all the way down to the East. Pretty crap here now with most of the snow melted. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

Yes further north which takes southern counties out of it but thats only one model. Time will tell soon enough where it ends up 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yes further north which takes southern counties out of it but thats only one model. gfs etc earlier had it more south. Time will tell soon enough where it ends up 

I think we deserve it given  the snow that you's are going to get out of this tonight. Don't you think?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

I think we deserve it given  the snow that you's are going to get out of this tonight. Don't you think?

defo

Posted

Ok, well i'm off now. That's the mild sector through now, a night of possible snow destroyed. Not pleased, but what can I do?

Edited by Nqp15h
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Definitely didn't warrant an NI wide amber warning. It stayed as snow here so far but it's so light, I doubt there's even an extra centimetre. Radar looking quieter for a time too, won't have the bands of showers going through anyway :cc_confused:

Edited by Juuyoku

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

Am disgusted :rofl:

EDIT....REALLY BLOODY AM!! LOL

Feel for you guys.Snowing heavy here at the min. Has the mild sector gone now. I think you will get lucky tomorrow will southern counties get rain tomorrow