Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
1 minute ago, Nqp15h said:

Not true. 

You can see at 8:15pm the big shower over Donegal. By 9:00pm that's weakened way down.

image.png

image.png

Completely agree. Looked good for here a while ago then fizzled to nothing. As showers move inland they beef up again and merge like they did earlier.

Posted

The Met Office Warning would be justified if those showers over the Atlantic reached us at their strength but they weaken way down to snizzle, bringing nothing.

Posted

Well folks it's snowed here for 20 minutes and we have a decent covering. Not bad for the South coast.

I have to say the gfs ppn charts have done very well for today as we've had constant showers whilst other models were only showing scattered showers. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
5 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

Thunder!

My wife asked me if I heard thunder I thought it was a strong gust of wind. Hopefully we get a nice heavy shower or something prolonged only a dusting here really.

Edited by gary1365

Posted
3 minutes ago, gary1365 said:

My wife asked me if I heard thunder I thought it was a strong gust of wind. Hopefully we get a nice heavy shower or something prolonged only a dusting here really.

Aye just heard it again there.

We need the showers to stop weakening to get going.

• Like 1

Posted

Latest BBC forecast looks class for tomorrow night!! Pomeroy I really hope you see something before this cold spell finishes. Even Rochey managed to hack in and disable the Dublin snow shield. Lol. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

Latest BBC forecast looks class for tomorrow night!! Pomeroy I really hope you see something before this cold spell finishes. Even Rochey managed to hack in and disable the Dublin snow shield. Lol. 

In work Ronan so didn't see it? What did it say?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

Big shower coming in now? Winds seemed to have changed to a north westerly

Looks like your gonna get nailed by this next shower and it has made it across Lough Foyle!

Untitled.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Transition event at best for <100m it seems

Just as well I am at 102m. Lol. Even if it is a transition event we are still back in to the cold straight after.

Posted
22 minutes ago, ronan said:

It snowed for about 10 minutes, but nothing settled. Back to damp roads and snizzle! I would chop off my right hand (and we all know what that means) to get lying snow and to be able to bring the dog out for a walk in it... 

• Like 1