Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

snow building up here, looks strong outside :D Hope it continues all night! I want to get my snowman this year then I'll be happy 

5 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Does anyone know why temps are forecast to increase overnight?

Yeah I don't think this is suppose to happen, Cecilia said 0C/below freezing for all of us by 5am. I think the auto is wrong here

Posted
5 minutes ago, SnowJon said:

Amber warning extended to the whole of Northern Ireland !

Excellent stuff. Defs worth keeping an eye on the radar folks. Things beefing up a bit.

Edited by ronan

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

Excellent stuff. Defs worth keeping an eye on the radar folks. Things beefing up a bit.

Looks good Ronan 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Does anyone know why temps are forecast to increase overnight?

If you look at the EURO4, you'll see an area of warmer air coming south, around 3am!

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted

I think I saw thunder snow but it may have been the generator station at the end of the road.

ive seen TS only a few times but this time I wasn't looking up and I've got those rimless glasses. I saw the blue flash round the rim of the glasses and I started counting.

got to ten and the power went off for about a minute.

just blew the kids mind when I pointed out that the internet will go down with the power! ?

23 minutes ago, Nqp15h said:

If you look at the EURO4, you'll see an area of warmer air coming south, around 3am!

?? Still confused. Why would it come from the south if prevailing winds are west/nw?

Edited by Guest

Posted

Eating my dinner having a beer, getting ready for a long walk just when those showers arrive:yahoo:

Posted
9 minutes ago, ronan said:

Still don't understand the need for an orange warning for the whole of NI. Unless they can see something that we can't. Lol

its pretty bad here in the east so with those showers lining up and looking like merging maybe they are expecting quite a bit more. Quite unusual for them to update in evening time so they must be seeing something 

Posted

That's what I don't understand? Why are the showers along the north coast weakening, but showers from the Atlantic are able to get through to Belfast, sometimes strengthening? 

You'd think the showers would be stronger here since we're close to the Atlantic, but so far all i've got is light snizzle since 5pm.

image.png

Edited by Nqp15h

Posted

If u look at the radar no sign of the north coast showers weakening at the moment

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

its pretty bad here in the east so with those showers lining up and looking like merging maybe they are expecting quite a bit more. Quite unusual for them to update in evening time so they must be seeing something 

Awe I dunno. Time will tell I suppose. Am not complaining as we have snow on the ground but what there currently is doesn't really warrant an amber warning for these parts.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

Awe I dunno. Time will tell I suppose. Am not complaining as we have snow on the ground but what there currently is doesn't really warrant an amber warning for these parts.

i imagine its what they possibly see as developing. If not i agree it is a bit strange to extend warning

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

East seems best for some reason!

yes very strange from the wind direction but showers seem to be gaining strength as they move west to east.:nea:

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
3 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

If u look at the radar no sign of the north coast showers weakening at the moment

Not true. 

You can see at 8:15pm the big shower over Donegal. By 9:00pm that's weakened way down.

image.png

image.png