Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/2018 Onwards

ronan

Posted

Yes, that shower is over me. 0.9c and not even sticking on cars! The ground must be very warm.

Perhaps the next shower.

Edited by Nqp15h

Had a really heavy prolonged snow shower that came by but the ground must be a little warm at the moment (little laying) hopefully that cooled it down, really only a dusting at the moment in places though there is a foundation on pavements, just the amount of  showers atm

Just now, ronan said:

Showers are becoming more frequent now so hopefully start lying 

That is the hope Ronan it has been quite touch and go here for the past few hours. Mini front coming in now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

stained glass windowing oil ran out this morning so haven't had a chance to post. We'd a good inch or so lying this morning. In Lisburn now, nothing when I arrived but a good covering here now too. 

Loving met updates!

Posted
7 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

That is the hope Ronan it has been quite touch and go here for the past few hours. Mini front coming in now

Working close to you today Briefman. Lower Garden City. 

Posted

total whiteout here now! heaviest snow i seen for a long time. home from work early which was a good call.

Posted

Bit rubbish all the snow falling but so little lying, but loving the fact it’s so busy on here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

It was just starting to stick at the end of that last shower. The showers need to last a bit longer. I might take this as a chance to nip out a quick run on the bike before it's too slippery.

Posted

To be frank. I'm suprised it's not lying considering the temperatures.

I would've thought the -6c the other day would've cooled the ground sufficiently.

Posted

Just had a wee gander at the short range 6z EURO4 and Arpege and in my opinion Wednesday night's low is a little bit further South again which brings Down into the mix for some snow, knife edge stuff.

Snow continuing to fall in Belfast City Centre but no chance of it lying.

Posted

To many people running their wood pellet boilers it seems :oops:

Radar looking interesting again, as mentioned above....really need some prolonged showers to get a good covering on the ground.

Posted

Just a light covering on the grass here. Really was expecting a little more by this stage.

The radar really does look good though, if only it would start to stick. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Just had a wee gander at the short range 6z EURO4 and Arpege and in my opinion Wednesday night's low is a little bit further South again which brings Down into the mix for some snow, knife edge stuff.

Snow continuing to fall in Belfast City Centre but no chance of it lying.

Yes to be fair I think that the warning will be extended to cover a bit more of Northern Ireland. Not long to the fun and games start from 3pm oneRds with this amber warning. It is strange that it covers the east and not the west though. Get a good covering and it doesn’t rain weds this could be fun as third and fri now looking very good also. 

Posted

I know I shouldn’t mention them but... automated forecasts now giving heavy snow for 3 hours on Wednesday evening here. Rain up to now, hope that low doesn’t head too far north or south now! Apparently snowing and lying at home, just not sticking in ballymoney yet!