Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Deep Snow please

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Unless this picks up it’s gonna be a bust. 

Typical we finally get the cold air and precipitation, but it’s the lightest most pathetic excuse of an Atlantic front ever. 

Just now, Backtrack said:

Unless this picks up it’s gonna be a bust. 

Typical we finally get the cold air and precipitation, but it’s the lightest most pathetic excuse of an Atlantic front ever. 

What you have is what was forecast.... Only a bust if you think it was going to be something worse than it is.

What is It like in Liverpool? Planning on a sea fishing session and here in st Helens it's dandruff and not sticking. I don't want to get stuck tho if it's bad in Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, gearbox100 said:

What is It like in Liverpool? Planning on a sea fishing session and here in st Helens it's dandruff and not sticking. I don't want to get stuck tho if it's bad in Liverpool.

Is this a serious question?

9 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

What you have is what was forecast.... Only a bust if you think it was going to be something worse than it is.

I don’t believe dandruff was in the forecast 

Just now, karyo said:

I’ve just had my gardening customer cancel me today because of the severe weather! The snow hasn’t even reached here yet!

2 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

I don’t believe dandruff was in the forecast 

It really was..... It is  a decaying front afterall.

Just now, Wardlegacy said:

I’ve just had my gardening customer cancel me today because of the severe weather! The snow hasn’t even reached here yet!

It is ridiculous how people overeact! Some people in the office saw the light snow and said they should have worked from home today to avoid disruption! 

Looks like the heavier stuff is right on Liverpool’s doorstep.

Snow starting to get a bit more substantial in Manc CC, still nothing to get too excited about though. 

2 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

It really was..... It is  a decaying front afterall.

It’s decaying, but this thing is expected to clear the south coast. The met office were going for a spell of heavy snow at one point. Wind direction tells me that the Irish Sea will have something to say about the weakness tho. Let’s see

1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

It’s decaying, but this thing is expected to clear the south coast. The met office were going for a spell of heavy snow at one point. Wind direction tells me that the Irish Sea will have something to say about the weakness tho. Let’s see

Some heavy echos still out at sea. 

9 minutes ago, karyo said:

Yes as sometimes Liverpool have a darn more snow fall than we do. I take it by your response I will be fine tho.

Just now, gearbox100 said:

Yes as sometimes Liverpool have a darn more snow fall than we do. I take it by your response I will be fine tho.

Yes, don't worry mate.

11 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

snowpanic.jpg

18 minutes ago, gearbox100 said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What are you driving?

A matchbox banger?

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

13 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

If I'm reading this right you're the gardener for someone? Isn't it your call whether the weather's bad enough not to bother turning up? Worst case scenario you turn round?

Heavier now sticking well but some melt on rooves

Been snowing all morning with generally very small flakes. Flake size has increased in the last 20 minutes to a pretty big size so that it’s pretty heavy snow now. I’d estimate 5cm has fallen.