Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

12 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Oh that's really interesting and useful.. so it takes in actual real time data to process the weather type in most cases. 

Well METAR reports and obs from human operated stations. It’s still computing the precipitation type  rather than measuring the actual drops/crystals that fall. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now remind me why I dont post in the MOD thread oh yes that is it,post deleted because I Mentioned lack of snow and it been coldest part of winter.yet you can post about your Granny and that is o

HEAVY SNOW WOOOHOOOO! 

Mod thread is like stepping into the SE regional thread. Snow in the SE innit fam? Lots of snow...you understand blud?  

Posted Images

All well and good. Shows what our starved region is like getting into a froth over a seemingly fleeting thin band of ppn tomorrow am. Clutching at straws for us lowlanders unless there is some sort of stall or convection behind the front giving streamer potential. I have to go looking for it but it's the Classic Langdale old timers round next weekend. See you in the ODG unless it's snowed in. ?

8 minutes ago, karyo said:

Me too! It even has the dreaded rainshadow over Manchester.

It’s always so pessimistic! And often correct! The rain/snow charts always look fine until you look at the hourly precipitation ones. 

If it verifies we’ll barely get a flake here. 

1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

I’ve just posted on the mad thread. They were annoying me. Let’s see how long it stays there. 

I liked it. No doubt someone will dislike it soon.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I’ve just posted on the mad thread. They were annoying me. Let’s see how long it stays there. 

Perhaps you should join Knocker in the short range thread, hes lonely.

Not sure what time span it covers, T0 > T72 ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, cheshire snow said:

Latest from Manchester Airport after conference Call

Airport Expecting 2-3cm with some areas in the local proximity seeing localised falls 0f 4-5cm

C.S 

The latter ammount will be on the top of the multistory carpark where the spotters reside.

Well you can all relax!!! My brother has just asked me to go to Zermatt with him Wednesday till Saturday night. It always snows when Im away so unless i break the hoodoo its absolutely guaranteed to snow here later in the week (even if its not forecast yet!) :cold: If not Ill bring you all some back

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, cheshire snow said:

Airport Expecting 2-3cm with some areas in the local proximity seeing localised falls 0f 4-5cm

C.S 

I hope will be open tomorrow as I have a flight to catch at 1.05 pm..

2 minutes ago, IM NOT REALLY HERE said:

Looks like we will get a dusting from the front as it passes through, one or 2 places may get lucky with a streamer afterwards.

That's a shame ,was hoping for a steamer .............

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

C.S 

They always expect much more than we get in the end.

5 minutes ago, IM NOT REALLY HERE said:

Looks like we will get a dusting from the front as it passes through, one or 2 places may get lucky with a streamer afterwards.

It’s a shame you won’t know about it then since you’re...not really here.  Sorry lol love your name :-) 

6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

That's a shame ,was hoping for a steamer .............

Hehe, I hoped nobody would notice before I edited. 

Just spotted those showers sat motionless just off the coast of Newcastle/Middlesbrough, is that the point where the leading edge of this front is going to stall?

Edited by IM NOT REALLY HERE