Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion Thread 15/1/2018 onwards

Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
5 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Well mate, still worth posting these kind of charts as we definitely have a chance.

Two possible bands of snow could move south next week, very interesting to see what happens!

102-574UK.thumb.GIF.3a5d29671491ce231830feceb2f0dc5d.GIFiconeu_uk1-1-108-0.thumb.png.66276688d65f93998d6d8915d312f3d4.png

174-574UK.thumb.GIF.3b8187435371c010dfb1c131bcb27f57.GIF

?????? I know it's not a given but if there was anything that says Wirral and Liverpool then it's the last chart 

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
37 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Front looks like it's gonna die a death. (IF Twitter)

Yeah..just read it...he does say as of yet so all not lost...and god knows what frontolysing means:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
6 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Yeah..just read it...he does say as of yet so all not lost...and god knows what frontolysing means:D

It means weakening of a atmospheric front

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

The theme from Exeter isfront stalling against the block next week.

That sounds terrific!!

WRT tues it sounds like a dusting of snow, think there will bemore opportunities tho :)

• Like 2

Posted

First chance to test the New BBC App Vs The Met Office APP for my location

BBC has sleet and rain (with temps at least 1 degree higher) Met has light snow and some sleet

What Model is the new BBC web site using? 

Edited by frosty ground

Posted

I returned from La Palma last night and I am surprised at how not cold it is here despite the upper temperatures of around -4 to -5. I didn't even record a frost last night. 

Looking forward to colder days ahead and hopefully some snow. Hopefully we have a lot of winter ahead of us with the stratospheric warming taking place in about 10 days time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Not seen anything other that Rain for coastal location for Saturday.

That's why I said that'll be rain then, I live by the coast.

Posted
Just now, Day 10 said:

That's why I said that'll be rain then, I live by the coast.

Yes by the coast will be marginal through next week i would have thought- further inland will likely be a different matter.

Posted
11 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes by the coast will be marginal through next week i would have thought- further inland will likely be a different matter.

No chance of snow for the coast this weekend I agree but I have far more hope of the coast seeing snow through next week.

We haven't seen this kind of entrenched cold air all Winter infact for the last few Winters.

ECU0-72.GIF.thumb.png.46b12e53369188819663c6915cb87b20.pngECU0-96.GIF.thumb.png.954f483e874f7137cb8201894c3410a6.pngECU0-120.GIF.thumb.png.25d8cb38d5b66af3bad6bc743746825c.png

ECU0-144.GIF.thumb.png.ddae2b8ada6d918364c731f6393c1299.pngECU0-168.GIF.thumb.png.6413b0053b175d1aee2799d8dbc15cc1.png

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well happy Candlemas everybody. If the proverb is right then winter has still got a way to go. A lovely sunny day. 

• Like 1

Posted

ECM's take on Tues again, stalling front right on the coast just a further nudge to the right and it could be fun for many.

180202_0000_108.thumb.png.1c4234b2761013e2f83ca89aeaad75b9.png180202_0000_108a.thumb.png.d901abee4079fe11270ca11d9f569674.png

Ok not the heaviest band of snow you are likely to see but probably snow all the same. Thurs/Fri looks even better!

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

ECM's take on Tues again, stalling front right on the coast just a further nudge to the right and it could be fun for many.

180202_0000_108.thumb.png.1c4234b2761013e2f83ca89aeaad75b9.png180202_0000_108a.thumb.png.d901abee4079fe11270ca11d9f569674.png

Ok not the heaviest band of snow you are likely to see but probably snow all the same. Thurs/Fri looks even better!

whereas GFS has it much further inland.

Going to be quite a lot of radar watching over the next 7 days or so.

And nowcasting.

• Like 1

Posted

Very good potential Thurs into Fri, still a long way off that though.

162-574UK.thumb.GIF.136dc811e33486195168601ed796b88e.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Next week will not be marginal anywhere imo. If the text forecast says it will be again  then I’m going to throw my computer out of the window...i’m gonna smash my phone up...and i’m gonna go down there and......yeah anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Chris.R said:

Next week will not be marginal anywhere imo. If the text forecast says it will be again  then I’m going to throw my computer out of the window...i’m gonna smash my phone up...and i’m gonna go down there and......yeah anyway. 

That's the spirit! lol

• Like 1

Posted

Anyway 12z's out soon for further updates on were we stand :good:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Has anyone had any meaningful full snow this year ?

Lol are you skiving off too? I don't think anybody works in here lol

Edited by Day 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Has anyone had any meaningful 

snow this year ?

aye there was about 3 inches or so our way on 29th Dec, not really meaningful but it mean the bin men couldn't get and the roads were a bit of a disaster area -it was wettish stuff really which is quite slippery. We drove back from Peterhead into it - came back from Grasmere over Red Bank in the snow, was glad I didn't meet anyone coming down the hill!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

sorry guys and I know I am hugely unpopular on this forum but.... Tuesdays snowfall potential has been massively downgraded and continues to do so. For my location what was originally forecasted as virtually a whole day of heavy snow has been whittled down to just a couple of hours in the morning which may give a cm or two. I would fully expect this predicted forthcoming snow and cold event to be a huge let down just like the previous ones this winter....its a trend. Sorry guys I know you do not like me but am honest....and I have been right all winter so far.

Posted

Our next weather warning for next week will probably be a RED one covering the whole region (except Buxton) with the words MASSIVE LETDOWN!!! Dated 5th - 9th Feb.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

sorry guys and I know I am hugely unpopular on this forum but.... Tuesdays snowfall potential has been massively downgraded and continues to do so. For my location what was originally forecasted as virtually a whole day of heavy snow has been whittled down to just a couple of hours in the morning which may give a cm or two. I would fully expect this predicted forthcoming snow and cold event to be a huge let down just like the previous ones this winter....its a trend. Sorry guys I know you do not like me but am honest....and I have been right all winter so far.

I think for coastal locations you will probably be right again, if I lived further inland Id be getting exited though.